Woods trailer 2.0

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headache rack and some bedrails up next, but for now she's done.

IMAG0934.jpg

IMAG0935.jpg

I'm going to add arm rests. I need to position him in the seat to find out were they'll go.

I'm also not going to take him flying around. This'll be more hay ride speed.

You didn't have an old recliner laying around to use instead of the bench? :D

Also, hopefully the CO from the exhaust won't be too bad. I know it gets kind of thick right behind my 550 at slow speeds.

This will live outside year round for the foreseeable future.

I've got a turned down tip on the muffler. It blows leaves around, and isn't bothersome for people being hauled in the other trailer. That one's much closer and not elevated as much. This should be a big improvement in the health department.

Just duct tape him on there... ha ha
Love the trailer, just wondering though, it looks like your atv could pull much more of a trailer than that??? why that size?

This fills a specific need at my place. I have some wide trails, and I have areas where I don't want to cut wide trails. By keeping within the width of the atv, it limits the need to open up more clearance.

I built it as strong as I did because I had the tubing on hand, and I plan to use it for hauling dirt to create at least one dam. I also plan on loading it to the hilt with short wood, but I'm pretty sure dirt will be the biggest load.

Made some log stakes today:

Uprights are half painted:

IMAG0972.jpg

Offset pockets are drying:

IMAG0971.jpg

These will wedge themselves into the pockets due to the seam flash inside the 2x4 tubing on the trailer. No pinning needed, and no rattles.

The tubes are 1.25" and also fit snug into the brackets due to the seam flash in them. Hopefully it won't trash the paint too much, but it's easy enough to touch up too. I wasn't motivated to bore them out on the lathe.

Brother and I made this wood hauler. Keep saws etc in ranger and wood on trailer. Used it today worked great. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391210998.574349.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391211026.307039.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391211049.564212.jpg

Latest posts

Back