One heckuva place to break in a saw!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tzed250

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I had a tree in the backyard that needed to be removed. My 020T has been gone for quite some time now, so I needed a climbing saw. I didn't feel like spending $600 on a new MS200T so I explored my options. What I came up with was the Husqvarna T435. $300 at most locations, my local Husky dealer (only one left, there were three) had it in stock. After 3 heat cycles I toted up into the tree and got to work. Bottom line? This saw is worth $300. It has 80% of the performance of my 020T at 50% of the cost. Even with the 14" bar buried, it pulled the H36 chain well. The primer and smart start made getting it running easy. My biggest beef was with the chain brake. Easy to set, but difficult to disengage. Good AV, nice throttle response, super light weight, and great handling made working with the saw a pleasure. After a small exhaust tweak, the power is great for the cost. As a plus the saw sips fuel, and has an adjustable oiler. Same saw as the Redmax GZ3500T, it was made in the PRC. All this being said the saw will probably go on the block and be replaced with a 50cc screamer. If I needed a saw to climb with day in-day out it would be a T540XP, 200T or 201T, but for occasional use, or as a backup, the T435 gets the job done!

bt5 by zweitakt250, on Flickr

bt4 by zweitakt250, on Flickr

bt2 by zweitakt250, on Flickr

bt11 by zweitakt250, on Flickr

JTG_20120413_012 by zweitakt250, on Flickr

JTG_20120413_006 by zweitakt250, on Flickr

JTG_20120413_028 by zweitakt250, on Flickr

JTG_20120413_024 by zweitakt250, on Flickr

I had a tree in the backyard that needed to be removed. My 020T has been gone for quite some time now, so I needed a climbing saw. I didn't feel like spending $600 on a new MS200T so I explored my options. What I came up with was the Husqvarna T435. $300 at most locations, my local Husky dealer (only one left, there were three) had it in stock. After 3 heat cycles I toted up into the tree and got to work. Bottom line? This saw is worth $300. It has 80% of the performance of my 020T at 50% of the cost. Even with the 14" bar buried, it pulled the H36 chain well. The primer and smart start made getting it running easy. My biggest beef was with the chain brake. Easy to set, but difficult to disengage. Good AV, nice throttle response, super light weight, and great handling made working with the saw a pleasure. After a small exhaust tweak, the power is great for the cost. As a plus the saw sips fuel, and has an adjustable oiler. Same saw as the Redmax GZ3500T, it was made in the PRC. All this being said the saw will probably go on the block and be replaced with a 50cc screamer. If I needed a saw to climb with day in-day out it would be a T540XP, 200T or 201T, but for occasional use, or as a backup, the T435 gets the job done!

You waited 3 months before you climbed the tree? :hmm3grin2orange:(Sorry really, couldn't not)

Seriously though, thanks for the write up, was very informative and much appreciated.

Ever cute ! Never seen a top-handle before ! I've got the rear handle version 435 and love it too. Well balanced, plenty of power for its size and uses minimal fuel. I really should be using a bigger saw, or at least a smaller XP but this does what I need.

[SUP][/SUP]
Big fun climbing! Looks like a nice little saw, too.

Fun? I don't know. It was the first time in a saddle and on climbers in over 15 years. A few times I figured I could have pinched a 16d nail in half. ;)

[SUP][/SUP]

Fun? I don't know. It was the first time in a saddle and on climbers in over 15 years. A few times I figured I could have pinched a 16d nail in half. ;)

--fun in the extreme sports vein I guess. I've been like that on rock faces, tense but..you still do it.

Not for a long time though.

I guess you can tell from what I wrote in the beginning of the thread, the T435 packs a decent punch for as light and as inexpensive as it is. I was happily surprised. I hope you enjoy it!!!

What a HOMELY little bugger that is...they def win the UGLY award...

I hope they run better and longer than the 334/335/338 fiasco....

Good luck with it...:msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back