Almost Free Saw, 441 !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave k

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Over the last year I've been given a couple of saw's a an 084, 49 SP and a 441, and have always marveled at some members luck well had my own good fortune with this 441.
Months ago a pal rang me asking what to do with his 441 that he had just dropped in a river ! I went through what to do and heard no more until it came up in conversation a while later when he told me " you can have that it's seized"
Fast forward to a few weeks ago when we were working together and he presented me with aforementioned saw.
The muff was off as he had put in with a repair shop where he had been told it was seized and would cost well over 300 euros to fix. I had a quick look and was suprised to see a pefect pistion with good movement so the next day had a closer look and as it had taken a swim assumed bad coil or damage to intake side of pistion imagine my suprise to find all it required was a new plug !! The plug had been broken during the fall but not in an easy to spot way.
So for the cost of a Bosch plug a nice 441 by the way it was not a Stihl dealer that said it was sieized.
I told my pal the out come and he would'nt take a penny it made me feel better that it needed a new bar !

Back