One more question about Stihl 051 clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverKing

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I recently put a new clutch on my 051 ,and have used it a good bit since.A buddy told me today that there should be a jam nut and a washer outside the clutch on this saw.There is a hole cut out of the clutch cover where the original clutch blew apart and went through it.He was looking at the saw and brought this to my attention.There really are alot of threads left on the crankshaft,so Im wondering if he is correct .Any help is greatly appreciated.Also one more question.On the clutch spider,one side has threads all the way out flush with the edge ,while the other side has the threads recessed a few fractions of an inch.Which side should face outwards toward the clutch cover?Thanks again

I can help with the jam nut. According to the IPL, there should be a cover and a nut. See item 11 and 12.

051.jpg

I see now Im missing the large outer cover washer and the nut,its amazing it has stayed on this long.Thanks so much for posting

Back