One more question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Farmerbuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Does the solenoid that engages the front axle need a full 12 volts or is it less? I'm asking because the previous owner has hooked up a toggle switch with 12v instead of fixing it right. Thanks

According to what I was told the switch that controls the solenoid is inside the transfer case. Soooo, my 89 GMC has a toggle switch too. Well right now it has a socket under the solenoid to engage the 4x4 (full time), untill I finish this job, then I'll get a new solenoid.:cry:

Andy

I believe Red is 100% right, I thought the switch was externally accessible though but am not positive on that.

Dont sweat the switch!

My 88 had a bad switch, wherever it was a and I had it fixed under warranty. It never broke again, but the switch fix was common and cool as you could have 2 wheel low by throwing it into low and leaving the switch off.

funny you mention 4wheel drive

the only dash light that works on my 4 wheel is the one telling me 4x4 wheel lock in all the way in. I like knowing it's all the way in. Better than not being able to tell if it's in. OH my bad, thought we were talking about somthing else.:jawdrop:

Dont sweat the switch!

My 88 had a bad switch, wherever it was a and I had it fixed under warranty. It never broke again, but the switch fix was common and cool as you could have 2 wheel low by throwing it into low and leaving the switch off.

I remember having a a pickup like that before. Factory setup though. I think i will leave it as it is. 2low/4low 2high/4high

Last edited:
Back