One Tough Logger

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy M

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I had a call from a dealer looking for 11H chain for a two man saw. I am a nut for vintage saws so asked what his customer had figuring a restoration project. Sez this guy is putting a full shift with a Disston and is not the type to mess with in a bar.:jawdrop: All I could say was WOW.

I use a Disston for all my light limbing work, and climbing. LOL :hmm3grin2orange: Kidding of course. He must be a BIG dude.

What, there is no one out there running saws like that in a production setting any more.............

Well I have to say that post makes no real sense.:confused:
At what point was production ever mentioned without humor?

You say ''Sure mabe some 075s and 125s... "

Once again what are you talking about???????????????

In any event back to the topic yes the ole Disston KB 7 saw will run 11h chain. They came with 3/4 full chisel, That is what I run,

The problem is many were .074 I am not lucky emough to have .122

Bill

Guess if thats the only saw you had, thats what you would have to use. But I dont think I would mess with a fellow carryin around a KB7 all day.

What, there is no one out there running saws like that in a production setting any more.

Sure mabe some 075s and 125s... but not a disston

I hear that, I can only get about a cord cut up before I have to park this beast. :jester:

"The older I get, The tougher I was"

petesawyerstewart014-1.jpg

It does sound unlikely, but possible, old pickups are used everyday, why not a vintage chainsaw? On my first falling job I used a Terrill CS-7 that belonged to my GranDad, he confiscated my new 050 saying it was bad luck to start your first job with a new saw. The old goat used it for two weeks before he let have it back.

It does sound unlikely, but possible, old pickups are used everyday, why not a vintage chainsaw? On my first falling job I used a Terrill CS-7 that belonged to my GranDad, he confiscated my new 050 saying it was bad luck to start your first job with a new saw. The old goat used it for two weeks before he let have it back.

Is that the same 050 you mention throwing off a hill in another thread?

From the sound of it, it seems these loggers fit with a concept we had at our truckstop:

Two rules: Never mess with anyone that has to duck to go thru the door.

Latest posts

Back