Only guy in town using ppe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know it's high quality work when "Gutting" is his first on the list of services provided
Maybe that's how his trees look when he's done pruning them, Gutted.
We always wear our PPE, it's amazing how many so called companies I see without anything at all. To me it just shows a lack of respect for the dangers in tree work.

One hes done with that cut in the pic the trim will be done.

I always enjoy the pictures of climbers with no ppe and smoking a cig!

We are good with hardhats and eyes/ears. However I will be first to admit we aren't the greatest with chaps. I've fired guys for not having eyes/ears on the second offense while using the chipper. Typically the ground guys have on chaps without being told. The system seems to be if I catch you without eyepro, earpro, and a hard hat I will ream you out, and if I catch you wearing chaps I will buy you lunch or give you a small bonus. Not sure how it got that way.

The no ppe tree crews are insane. Around here every lawn crew has at least glasses and ear plugs that handles their business fine. I only take the stuff off if I'm raking and that's the law here. A small log tossed your direction accidentally hits u in the head it's not worth it. A no ppe tree/fire wood guy in town here just died two months ago. Bleeding on the brain, you can come back from broken bones.

We're commenting on the font of the spelling, whether its a c or a g but nobody picked up on the misspelling of pruning?
Ha I never made it that far down the card! Surprised I missed that one.

PPE isn't that much of a nuisance, I don't see why some one wouldn't wear it. The same can be said for the Hi Viz clothing, If wearing a high lighter yellow shirt means that some **** head driving down the road can see me better, or the guy working high above can spot me faster before dropping a round on me its worth it. Most of the big companies my way mandate PPE and hi Viz. We still see lots of guys not wearing either and I question that.

What a bozo, anyone that says they will beat any written contract is a desperate fool.
Jeff
My first reaction is to agree with you,but there is a guy a few towns away who advertises with that same slogan. He seems to do pretty well. I've never bid against him ,as far as I know.
I think it is a combination of marketing scheme and dishonesty.
I'm thinking the devil is in the small print.
Have you ever seen some tire stores that advertise "get the 4th tire FREE" ,only to find their final quote 30% higher than everybody else on the out the door price?

there is a company around here that advertises they will beat any writtien estimate. Monster tree service, i think they are a franchise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is a company around here that advertises they will beat any writtien estimate. Monster tree service, i think they are a franchise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that the company on youtube doing a big cottonwood?

It's above 85 degrees here everyday and I wear a long sleeve heavy cotton flannel 90% of the time. With all the other bells n whistles for ppe . No glasses they don't work I sweat way to much flannel or not. No chaps.

If your on the ground without a long sleeve and gloves you can't drag brush to your potential. Truth.

My first reaction is to agree with you,but there is a guy a few towns away who advertises with that same slogan. He seems to do pretty well. I've never bid against him ,as far as I know.
I think it is a combination of marketing scheme and dishonesty.
I'm thinking the devil is in the small print.
Have you ever seen some tire stores that advertise "get the 4th tire FREE" ,only to find their final quote 30% higher than everybody else on the out the door price?
Same here, Guy around here has the -Well beat any Written estimate- Busy all the time. Iam thinking he is good at selling work and that gets him to the customer.

Every day in kevlar pants, hi-vis long sleeve, sunnies and hard hat with muffs and mesh, I've been using just steel toe boots for a year or so but thought better of it and now back to chainsaw climbing boots. Gloves make your hands soft so I save them for those special times

Back