only practice uploading pic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets See

273196d1354810516-1050-ms660-jpg

I got the teenie weenie picture problem too.

Pull picture from computer and insert. preview post. click on picture to save location. drop that into the insert picture with location (uncheck the retrieve box) and hit enter. Tiny picture every time...:(

attachment.php

Last edited:
Looks like you guys have gotten it figured out. Congrats and post away! This is a picture driven forum and a picture is worth a thousand words. Just think of all the typing you will not have to do now!

Ok I figured it out. See below:

Picture one is a direct copy and paste from W8YE. Three is the original from my computer. Two is a click and 'save image location' from the small picture (wrong!). Number 4. Click and open the small picture while in 'preview post'. You will see the box open up with your picture in it. COPY THE LOCATION OF THAT PICTURE and insert in the picture window (from URL) and unclick the retrieve box.

Ta da it worked!!!! :clap:

attachment.php

View attachment 273244
attachment.php

273211d1356498239-hot-fun1-jpg

I typically use a free upload called photbucket, you can then choose the size you would like to copy on this forum. Other times if there is an image you want to post from elsewhere, right click the image, highlight properties, and you should see the image properties. Copy the link...it should end in JPG of GIF.
Next come here to post, then use the following HTML sequence, note where I say paste you image here is where you would right click and choose paste.
here is the HTML protocol:
[ IMG ] Paste image here with no spaces in this line what so ever in the protocol [ /IMG ]
Don't use any spaces in the boxes as seen in the [ IMG ] and [/ IMG ].. I had to use them, otherwise the boxes would not show up.
So it should look something like this, but with out the spaces in the boxes
[ IMG]http://blog.gettyimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Siberian-Tiger-Running-Through-Snow-Tom-Brakefield-Getty-Images-200353826-001.jpg[ /IMG]

I always try to use the smaller images that still retain detail, as large images use a lot of bandwidth...slowing the site down and typically not sitting well with moderators and site owners as it cost them money.
Hope this helps
Here is the final with no spaces:
Siberian-Tiger-Running-Through-Snow-Tom-Brakefield-Getty-Images-200353826-001.jpg

Back