OOHHH! how the mighty 361 hath 'fallen!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya that sounds good.

but only if you bring the 026 to run against my 346xpNE.

:cheers:

Deal then, the 361 I will be using is a muffler modded stocker but I have a line on stock muffler as of now. I will have to set the date when it arrives, that 621 will quiver with the sound of a Lakerized 361..........besides a few will call foul cause it ain't stock. Unless you want to open the 621 muffler.......

Do you really want to run the 026? Did you decide against betting $$$?

Wanab, I worship u man. Look at all the stihl-heads freak when someone states there's a saw out there thats as good as the ms361. To all the stihl guys who are bashing the redmax: how many of you have actually run one (a redmax), not just looked at the manufacturer or the specs and judged it from there? I have run neither (im partial to old magnesium saws), but I just think some ppl should think before they insult a saw they've never run.

The Redmax may be an AWSOME saw, I don't know. But with the track record of the OP, we have no choice but to be skeptical.

Honestly, I don't care, I'd love to see something new come in and knock them around. It just means the next model will be even stronger when we get it!

OK, my fun meter is pegged for the day, I go before this gets ugly, as it will.

that 621 will quiver with the sound of a Lakerized 361..........besides a few will call foul cause it ain't stock. Unless you want to open the 621 muffler.......

Do you really want to run the 026? Did you decide against betting $$$?

ya,man

i would never want to try and take down a "Lakerized 361". bad carma there man.

ya, i dont want to play for money, but let me have a shot at it, like i said my 346 is running pretty good.

just trying to keep it freindly among freinds.

:)

ya, i dont want to play for money, .....

Boy if I had a stock saw that just whooped a certain other stock saw by a full second, and someone offered to race me stock for stock...... I'd wana make a dollar on it and shut'em up to boot. Hummmmm :confused:

Now where's that vidya??

Last edited:
Good thread.....amazing how fast some folk'll get their panties all wadded-up!:clap: I'm looking forward to a fair test of both saws on video.

The sooner this tread is closed - the better - it is just :spam: :spam: :spam:

CENSORSHIP I tell ya.... Let the man speak..

Now which one is choked down more ! Muffler mod both of them and repeat the test, and make it one that really shows the toughness of the saw and the chosen chain.

Railroad ties at 15 paces! 10 cookies, all down cuts then bore straight down and leave the saw standing upright in the cut in the O.F.F. position. Last one to stop vibrating wins.

Ian

Boy if I had a stock saw that just whooped a certain other stock saw by a full second, and someone offered to race me stock for stock...... I'd wana make a dollar on it and shut'em up to boot. Hummmmm :confused:

Now where's that vidya??

I was wanting to run his 346 for $$$$, not the 361 vs. 621. For all I know the 621 is faster but we will see......Either outcome it won't turn people off from the 361, it's Stihl a winner.:clap:

The RedMax 621 is really close to the MS361 in cutting speed. It falls short however, in every other conceivable catagory. Anti-vibe is not even in the same ball-park. Quality of materials is way below the Stihls standards. Ergonomics are way behind the Stihl. The best way I can make a decent analogy of this speed thing is as follows. A 1978 Ford Pinto on Nitrous runs 11.4 @ 124.00 in the quarter mile, as does a 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo. Which would you rather own. Cheers, Simon.

The RedMax 621 is really close to the MS361 in cutting speed. It falls short however, in every other conceivable catagory. Anti-vibe is not even in the same ball-park. Quality of materials is way below the Stihls standards. Ergonomics are way behind the Stihl. The best way I can make a decent analogy of this speed thing is as follows. A 1978 Ford Pinto on Nitrous runs 11.4 @ 124.00 in the quarter mile, as does a 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo. Which would you rather own. Cheers, Simon.

Thank you Simon............:) :)

This is going to leave a mark....

Good comparison :cheers:

I had never ran a Whatya-Callit something something 621 , but have ran a 575XP in the same wood as a 361 , and was not impressed with the 575 .

Simon, to me it feels like the 575 could use a little more timming advance, have you ever played with one?

your right im no logger and dont want to be. that does not change the fact the 621 outcuts the 361.

I think the mighty 361 hath fallen on your head.................:chainsaw: :censored: :greenchainsaw:

nice

Nice post simon!!!:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

your right im no logger and dont want to be. that does not change the fact the 621 outcuts the 361.

and a top fuel dragster is faster and quicker than my Z28 Camaro....but the top fuel only stays together for a 1/4 mile!!

d*mn...Simon beat me to the dragster analogy and i never even seen it!!

Good comparison :cheers:

I had never ran a Whatya-Callit something something 621 , but have ran a 575XP in the same wood as a 361 , and was not impressed with the 575 .

Simon, to me it feels like the 575 could use a little more timming advance, have you ever played with one?
The 575 needs to be advanced about 100 feet, (across our parking lot to where the dumpster is). Sorry, can't stand the POS. Strat engines are what they are. I really don't mean to offend anyone, but they would fall under the "Special Olympics" category in the world of chainsaw performance. Having said that, I don't mean to imply anything negative about mentally or physically challenged people, I could have an accident tomorrow and be in a wheelchair. I am simply stating the fact that a strat engine is inherently at a disadvantage. I don't mean this analogy to be in bad taste.

Last edited:
Back