opinion on buying new husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weight

computeruser said:
They can say it is a step up from their 372 all they want, but few would agree. If you do a bit of reading on the 575 around here, you'll see all the facts and controversy and all. I do think that most would agree that if you can score a new 372 then it is a better choice than a new 575.

Your 045 lists at 18.5 lbs with a 13" bar.
If your use to that weight then go with the 385 or the new 390.

do you guys know when the new 390 is coming out? thats my 045 on my avatar pic, just has a new bar on it no chain, pretty nice looking for 32yrs old and free, if you ask me :)

I went with a 385 this past summer. Its a screamer with a 20 on it. I bought it for a main firewood saw. I also have a 32 for it too. We run into alot of big short oaks here in pastures around the farm. Only regret I have about it is I did not get one sooner. I love the air cleaner on it stya much cleaner then a 066 stihl.
Bob

SawTroll said:
Quite heavy for it's power, like the 575xp.......:confused:

Anyone know how the weight of the 575 and 441 compare in the real world? From what I have heard I am under the impression that the 575 is almost a lb heavier. I was at a dealer and on their scale the 441 was just a touch heavier than the 460. Should have compared the 441 and 575 on the scale while I was there, but didn't think of it at the time.

Seems like the 441 has alreadt found more support than the 575 and I was thinking part of the reason that this is so is because the 575 is even heavier yet.

I am not sure how to explain it but I'm considering getting a 441 but not a 575 even though I consider myself a big husky fan. Instead of the 575 I would add a little more weight and get a 390.

I think the 575 has real good bang for the buck when it comes to Huskys. Everyone that has one, that I know, loves the 575. Most say it's got more bottom end grunt than the 372.

It's an easy target to complain about the weight, but in practical terms (like not having to carry one for miles cutting trail) it has little effect. Husky 575 or 441... Of course if you do have to carry them for miles, you're also carrying the gas, and the 441 will do 20-25% better then the 440 gas wise and a whole lot better still than the 460! Once in the wood, balance of the saw takes most of the weight. Hmmm, haven't we all had this discussion before?:dizzy:

Heck, I don't even find my 066 heavy once it's cutting, but it sure is a hog on gas!

Lakeside53 said:
It's an easy target to complain about the weight, but in practical terms (like not having to carry one for miles cutting trail) it has little effect. Husky 575 or 441... Of course if you do have to carry them for miles, you're also carrying the gas, and the 441 will do 20-25% better then the 440 gas wise and a whole lot better still than the 460! Once in the wood, balance of the saw takes most of the weight. Hmmm, haven't we all had this discussion before?:dizzy:

Heck, I don't even find my 066 heavy once it's cutting, but it sure is a hog on gas!

Interesting. I never thought the fuel consumption on my 066 was out of line with the work it does. But I don't cut enough for it to make much of a difference anyway. 3120 gets most of the fuel now on the mill.

Mark

Question???

johnny27 said:
going monday to order 390

What makes you so bent on getting just a husky? Have you looked at Dolmar and Stihl enough to know that you don't want one? I'm pretty much a die hard Stihl guy, got 6 of'em. I like huskys also, I've got one of them, would like another one. I just traded one I'd just bought for a stihl, I wasn't happy with it, cheaply made, hadn't had it 2 weeks and the chain had already popped off like 3 or 4 times. Enough said. Were I you, I'd look around at problems people been havin with those bigger huskys bro. I would NEVER buy a saw the first year it comes out, there's always bugs, no matter what brand you decide guy. I can tell you my next saw. A Dolmar 7900. Less than $700, a ton of power, as much speed as any husky, as much torque as a Stihl, it's the best of both worlds dude. You should also look at the PS-9010 bro, thats a monster. I haven't heard a bad word about the new Dolmars from Stihl or Husky fans or anyone else for that matter. Hope your happy with your purchase guy... Good luck eh??? Let us know what you think. :popcorn:

Back