Opinions on a Sthil 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shhhh.. eveyone else missed the 575 trade:greenchainsaw:

Hey hey now! It could be the NE lighter, more powerful one that Troll talks about(that nobody has seen) 12hp and 6lbs, must be a winner in his book....:monkey:

Give me a 066 anyday.

Last edited:
Well. I'm the proud owner of a Stihl 066. My 4th saw and first Stihl.
I thought I'd never own a Sthil, I love Husky's that much.
I got it for 300 with 2 chains. One used, one brand new.
I post picture, if I figure how too.

Banshee,

The power of collective AS prayer.

Amen,

joat

Congrats BTW,,,, Your CAD is coming along nicely!!!!!!

LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

Well come on,,, Lets see it?????????

It only took me two months and private lessons on a trip to woodinville WA last year or so to learn how to post pics from the master,,, LOL!!!!!

Last edited:

Congratulations on your new saw for a great price!:clap: Now, I hope there are no high bridges or cliffs to jump from in your neck of the woods. I'm sure the original owner will be looking for one after he runs his new 575.:dizzy:

:cheers:

I'd have kept the 066!

Well Yeah!!!!!!!! but as long as somebody Deserving,,,,, here gets the 066,,,

Its All Good!!!!!!

LOLOLOL!!!!!

Congratulations on your new saw for a great price!:clap: Now, I hope there are no high bridges or cliffs to jump from in your neck of the woods. I'm sure the original owner will be looking for one after he runs his new 575.:dizzy:

:cheers:

Last edited:

Wow. Whatta deal! I wish I could find deals like that. Oh well, it doesn't matter, because I am on saw restriction. I think I have found something harder than quitting smoking! Saw Abstention! Arrrgh!!!

:bang: :bang: +:greenchainsaw: = :hmm3grin2orange:

I cut with it a litte yesterday. Wow, can it cut. Anyone who has one will understand, anyone who doesn't have one get one. It's an amazing saw. The power is great and it's really not heavy for it's size.
I tested the compression at 130. Is this right for this saw. I know anything above 90 is good, but how far from stock is 130?

I cut with it a litte yesterday. Wow, can it cut. Anyone who has one will understand, anyone who doesn't have one get one. It's an amazing saw. The power is great and it's really not heavy for it's size.
I tested the compression at 130. Is this right for this saw. I know anything above 90 is good, but how far from stock is 130?

Welcome to the wonderful world of STIHL!!!! :D

Bad part is (if your gauge is right) 130 is a little on low side, a new set of rings and it will really cut. :clap:

Back