Opinions on Echo 2511t?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you have to sell off?
Getting close to finishing up a frankesaw jonsered 630 with Husqvarna top end, have a Dolmar 5105 I need to figure out what’s wrong with, and an echo 4600 that needs a carb, and a craftsman 3700 my dad gave me that’s a good runner

I have 2511t and love climbing with it because I can climb all day with it on my saddle and I don't notice it whether I am climbing spreading trees with lots of limb walks or spiking conifers over 100ft. That being said, I also typically work at altitudes of 3000-5000 feet, and also find that I experience noticeable power loss when changing elevation because there isn't gobs of power to begin with and you must keep rpms high because torque on the small engine is lacking, but that comes with the territory of an exceptionally low displacement motor. I also find my 2511t to be somewhat finicky starting at times, but since there is not much hardware to turn over, I do not find the extra pulls excessively noisome. If you do not demand gobs of power and are willing to cut with finesse in exchange for a wonderfully light saw, the 2511t is a terrific option. I find I quite enjoy working with the saw as I feel it is quite easy to control which I believe is safer for how I like to work. I much prefer the 2511t to a 193t 8 out of the 7 days in a week. I do typically call for a ms250 or equivalent very quickly if I am consistently cutting wood over 8 inches diameter for any duration: I find the 2511t to be less suitable in those scenarios.

Latest posts

Back