Opinions wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelford Chainsaw Company

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have been offered 3 saws for £160.
Husky 235
Sachs Dolmar 115
Makita DCS9000

I can turn over the husky fairly quickly but I have no knowledge of the other 2.
Is there a market for the 115 and DCS9000 if I get them singing? What’s do you reckon their value is and also what are they like generally if you own one?

Thanks

The 115 is a great old 50cc saw. Built tough and revs well with decent power. Anti vibe is good but not as smooth as some of today's saws. I would put a price of $200 on it if it is in nice condition.

The dcs9000 is a good 90cc saw and if in good condition I would price it at $550.

Just one guy's opinion and ymmv.

@chipper1 is really the guy to ask - he has a lot of selling experience.

The 115 is a great old 50cc saw. Built tough and revs well with decent power. Anti vibe is good but not as smooth as some of today's saws. I would put a price of $200 on it if it is in nice condition.

The dcs9000 is a good 90cc saw and if in good condition I would price it at $550.

I think you did just fine :).
I've gotten in trouble this past week giving opinions so...

I think you did just fine :).
I've gotten in trouble this past week giving opinions so...
Sorry to hear that Brett. Poor guy.
You have to have those 9 words down.

"Yes sweety, i think it looks great on you"

most guys are afraid to come to this thread when they read the title

Sorry to hear that Brett. Poor guy.
You have to have those 9 words down.

"Yes sweety, i think it looks great on you"

most guys are afraid to come to this thread when they read the title
I'll be alright Jamie:cheers:.
My wife and I don't have those problems, she understands if she asks my opinion she's gonna get it, sometimes I ask her if she really wants it lol.
What's great is if I tell her something looks great she knows I mean it ;).
The "trouble" I got in was actually in a thread on the forum:crazy2:.
Interesting people ask for an opinion(not the OP of this thread) but then get upset when you tell them :rare2:.
Hope all is well up your way.

I'll be alright Jamie:cheers:.
My wife and I don't have those problems, she understands if she asks my opinion she's gonna get it, sometimes I ask her if she really wants it lol.
What's great is if I tell her something looks great she knows I mean it ;).
The "trouble" I got in was actually in a thread on the forum:crazy2:.
Interesting people ask for an opinion(not the OP of this thread) but then get upset when you tell them :rare2:.
Hope all is well up you way.

I just want honest answers, don’t want to scare people from the thread
The more input the better. I’d rather have all info before spending money.

Thanks, very insightful :cheers:

If they are complete, I'd buy them. Try to talk him down to round out the number to the nearest hundred. Like £150?

If they are complete, I'd buy them. Try to talk him down to round out the number to the nearest hundred. Like £150?

I have tried but he won’t go lower than £160. In all honesty I think I’m gonna have to wait one this one for cash flow reasons. Hopefully he will still have them in about 10 days time when we have better funds to buy them. Got so many potentials in the air at the minute.

Can't comment on your prices but as said in post#3 re being good saws

Latest posts

Back