• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Or Sell Husqvarna 272 XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james archibald

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys I just bought a hightop 288 and its kinda making my 272 reduntant. Its a fairly new manufactured rig, with the triangular air filters. Looking to sell/trade the powerhead only. All the plastics are in quite good shape, not great, but very good. The piston and cylinder looked like glass when I pulled the top end 2 weeks ago. Saw blows 135-140 psi on a comp test. Was noodling 16-20" Tamarack with a chum a few weeks ago and this saw was pulling a 28" full skip about 1 or 2 seconds behind my chums (now mine) 288 XP with a 20" B&C (and an albeit duller chain). ANYWAYS, heres the goodies with the saw, also I will gladly ship first to a seasoned ArboristSite member with good feedback.

looking for 400$ plus shipping or trade for a 262 XP and cash, or a not so cosmetically sound 394 :D

Full wrap bar, looks to be cut and welded. maybe so the wrap wouldnt hit the brake handle?
New OEM gas and oil caps
New OEM air filter
Just cleaned and greased clutch bearing, and inspected worm gear, looks A-Ok
New starter rope

This is the only banged plastic on it...

Also for what its worth, this saw was in the garage for a week, its -10C right now, the saw burped on the 3rd choked pull, and fired and ran on the 4th pull. This is typical for this saw, and makes me mad that my non-decomp 288 takes 8 to burp and 9 to fire :D

I really like the looks of that saw! Too bad I have 15 too many chainsaws or I would be interested. Should be a great saw for someone.

Latest posts

Back