• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell or trade for quality splitting tool or ? EFCO MT 4000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushwacker

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This a pretty nice 42cc smallish built chainsaw. I don't use it much, mainly because the pull starter is a bit rougher then average and it has quite a bit of compression to pull. My right shoulder is a bit sensitive and I have other saws that are easier on it. It also is cold blooded, seems to take a few minutes to warm up and accelerate smooth. She winds out and rips very good after a good warm up. If you have a good shoulder it should serve you well using it on longer run times. Pics are from a year or so ago, but it has changed very little other then I put a new 14" picco bar and chain on it and used it little afterward. If buyer rather go to 16" I have a new b&c optional. $125 for power head an 1 Bar and chain, I will chip in $10 on shipping , buyer pays any above.

Attachments

• DSCN3298.JPG
    DSCN3298.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCN3301.JPG
    DSCN3301.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN3302.JPG
    DSCN3302.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN3303.JPG
    DSCN3303.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN3305.JPG
    DSCN3305.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 98
Low hour saw here, would make a good porting project. I expect the cold blooded nature I mentioned would be eliminated with a better or bigger carb. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me porting normally makes compression feel less when pull starting.
I would take a fiskars splitting axe in on a partial trade. Looking for the original design in excellent condition. I don't like the new long handled version. Or may be an Big Ox splitting maul from Ochsenkpof or Stihl .

Edited title, originally listed it as an MT 4200. Cut about 1/2 a face cord with it yesterday and noticed its MT 4000.
Still runs and cuts, idles fine after its little cold blooded fit . You can run and idle and set your choke where you want which makes the warm up easier. I think these were $250 to $300 new .

I still have it, freshened the gas and started it the other day. No problems, started, idles accelerates fine. Lowered price to $110 + shipping. I also have a nice moderately used Jonsered 2141 w/18" .325 b&c. Its a little beefier saw, runs excellent, $160 +shipping.

Latest posts

Back