ordered new furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't do pics. computer will go thru the wall first. I can barely email them. This site way to difficult for pics. Kids can't even do it. Anyway, chimney fixed and cleaned. Flue installed. This weekend water coil to be piped.

I can't do pics. computer will go thru the wall first. I can barely email them. This site way to difficult for pics. Kids can't even do it. Anyway, chimney fixed and cleaned. Flue installed. This weekend water coil to be piped.

upload from photobucket. very simple!

Any modern epa rated stove HAS to be a step in the right direction. I "assume" gasification means a secondary combustion chamber.

It should serve you well. They look to be built well and well thought out.

The one item I was not thrilled about was the moisture requirement of the wood. What would happen if you burned something green out of curiosity.

Although, since this is essentially a home furnace design, to me, that would mean that one generally would not be running through large amounts of wood per year.

So, stockpiling seasoned wood would be easier. Especially after the first year or 2 in wood savings, having the proper moisture requirement wood would almost be a non issue.

Is there a cut away picture or diagram of that stove just to see whats what for their design. I could not find one on their website.

Again, congrats on your new stove. I believe you will be happy.:msp_thumbup:

Last edited:
No cut away, I think there keeping it secret so others can't copy for the 2014 requirements on furnaces.

The concept is simple. If green wood was burned, the firebox temps would be lowered therefore the computer would open the controls to put more air to the fire therefore lowering the burn times and using more wood. It's a very smart design having the computerized controls with thermocouple.

Gasification is very cool stuff. It's amazing how they can heat a meal outta those little campstove gasifiers. (With very little fuel.) Everyone should have one. We all could be more conservative with firewood and put people to work making and installing them. Hmmmmm......

Finished repairing the freight damage, Put together the furnace, controls done. Screwed myself with piping the hot water before furnace was in place, Having my work build me a one of a kind fitting for the duct work. I had for seen the duct work coming of the top forward, but then I would have to hunch down carrying the wood to load. I do not want alot of turns in the duct work, so if there is no power gravity feed has the least resistance. Plan for the worst, get the best.

Dan. Glad you're getting yours all set up! I just ordered my vaporfire 100 on Monday! Eta is early Nov! Ahhhhh. Im gonna have a cold house for a lil while.

Dan. Glad you're getting yours all set up! I just ordered my vaporfire 100 on Monday! Eta is early Nov! Ahhhhh. I'm gonna have a cold house for a lil while.

Thanks, Are you getting the hot water coil as well? The dimensions are on the site if you wanted to get a head start installing. That way a few hours later you could fire it up.

Thanks, Are you getting the hot water coil as well? The dimensions are on the site if you wanted to get a head start installing. That way a few hours later you could fire it up.

Yes. I am getting the hot water coil also. Kind ofa no brainer for $200 add-on.

Any modern epa rated stove HAS to be a step in the right direction. I "assume" gasification means a secondary combustion chamber.

It should serve you well. They look to be built well and well thought out.

The one item I was not thrilled about was the moisture requirement of the wood. What would happen if you burned something green out of curiosity.

Although, since this is essentially a home furnace design, to me, that would mean that one generally would not be running through large amounts of wood per year.

So, stockpiling seasoned wood would be easier. Especially after the first year or 2 in wood savings, having the proper moisture requirement wood would almost be a non issue.

Is there a cut away picture or diagram of that stove just to see whats what for their design. I could not find one on their website.

Again, congrats on your new stove. I believe you will be happy.:msp_thumbup:

You can still burn green wood it just isn't as efficient and wouldn't result in our proven lowest emissions for a wood furnace. So it's not recommended, because you would get some creosote which is what have striven to all but eliminate...

Correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't the whole gist of cutting, splitting, and stacking firewood, is to let it SEASON? Meaning to let it dry out in order for us to utilize it's maximum BTU's when it is burnt.

Several things burning green wood.

1. creates creasote (any stove or furnace)

2. hard to burn or start burning

3. cold fires, less btu

4. cold house

5. burn more wood

6. flue fires

After looking at that list I think the smart answer is to let your firewood season for a yr. and burn it the next. Buy firewood that is seasoned if you have to. In the long run it's better for your furnace and well being.:clap:

Got some of the ductwork installed tonite. Its starting to get cold out, or at least it feels that way with no heat and a strong desire to see what the furnace is like. Have to get the duct work done soon, getting the fab guys to do some work is like pulling teeth. Those lazy sob's work for my company too. May have to lean on them a little. Patience running thin.

I had heating and air guy out tonight to give me a quote on ductwork! We shall see how much this is gonna bust me for.

How much do you think on average what it costs? They're going about 8' to tap into main trunk.

Depends on what kind of fittings your going to need. Supply and return with fab, up this way would probably be a grand. Keep in mind the 200 sq in the kuuma needs. I am doing mine with a curved plenum 90 then a 26X10 duct. So there should be little resistance for the heat to flow with no power.

Ok. Well he took measurements and the instruction manual with the dimensions. I was thinking 1000-1500. I'll find out tomorrow when he sends the quote!

That is one fat investment your making for heat. I don't think I would have pulled the trigger if I had to pay for install. I have no ductwork at all. I have also been told I am the cheapest sob on earth.
For example, the hot water and coil are all piped in and done. Just found out I can get a geo spring 50 gal hot water heater for $1000, and the elec co has a $1000 rebate. This heater uses $195 a yr for hot water. -6 mo hooked up to the furnace for $100 a yr for hot h2o. Looks like I will be re piping the whole system before I evan use it.

Latest posts

Back