ordered new furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is, it allows more draft, then the motorized damper on the combustion air modulates to keep the fire box at the temp desired.

Is that barometric damper really needed? Is I thought from reading it was a controlled draft unit self contained.

Yes it is, it allows more draft, then the motorized damper on the combustion air modulates to keep the fire box at the temp desired.

I found out this weekend what a difference a BDR makes. I fired up and ran for 20 min. or so to heat up the chimney so I could do a final adjustment on my BDR. The temp on the fan limit switch was climbing slowly until I adjusted BDR from -.04" WC to -.03" WC. Suddenly I could hear the metal of the heat exchanger popping from rapid heating. My blower was running soon after that. I wouldn't have thought that little adjustment would have made such a big difference. I'm a believer in BDRs now! Plus it's nice having the BDR keeping the draft at a steady rate no matter the weather/wind conditions, no fiddling :msp_thumbup:

!st fire today. The ductwork is not done yet. Main line in, Have to make take offs go upstairs. No return ductwork at all yet. I had not planned on running for a couple more weeks. But man is it cold out. I don't remember when its been this cold this early. I ran into a couple of issues upon start up. Fixed 1 myself. And wouldn't you know it the owner answered the phone on a sat morn. Helped my resolve my damper issue. How many places can you call on a sat and actually talk to someone. Easy adjustment, I am so glad that this was able to be resolved. I would have had to wait till mon anywhere else. The wife can't be cold do to leukemia, and I have no back up heat at the moment. I will give an opinion on the furnace in a few weeks. So far VERY easy to use, very nice. Although I would like to see the fire. Customer support has been a plus.

!st fire today. The ductwork is not done yet. Main line in, Have to make take offs go upstairs. No return ductwork at all yet. I had not planned on running for a couple more weeks. But man is it cold out. I don't remember when its been this cold this early. I ran into a couple of issues upon start up. Fixed 1 myself. And wouldn't you know it the owner answered the phone on a sat morn. Helped my resolve my damper issue. How many places can you call on a sat and actually talk to someone. Easy adjustment, I am so glad that this was able to be resolved. I would have had to wait till mon anywhere else. The wife can't be cold do to leukemia, and I have no back up heat at the moment. I will give an opinion on the furnace in a few weeks. So far VERY easy to use, very nice. Although I would like to see the fire. Customer support has been a plus.

+1! It's great working with these smaller American company's isn't it?! Seems like there's always something on the first fire up to deal with. Glad to hear you got it worked out and blowing some heat!

Supplies are all done.. Return line should be done at the end of the weekend if the duct is fabbed in time. Either wat its waiting for some wood. Almost ready to say bring on winter. But not yet.

Any new update Dan??? I'm still waiting on my furnace. I called last week and Daryll said early Nov. still.. It's getting cold... :msp_sneaky:

Any new update Dan??? I'm still waiting on my furnace. I called last week and Daryll said early Nov. still.. It's getting cold... :msp_sneaky:

We definitely understand were you are coming from and have been manufacturing as fast as possible. I just spoke with my dad and he said that he will probably be able to bump yours up into the next batch of 4. However its' still gonna be a little while before we ship because our next batch of controllers doesn't arrive until November. Our list is 30 deep and we even recently hired another certified welder to help with demand.

When you get the World's best indoor wood gasification furnace it will be worth the wait... :msp_smile:

Yup, got the oil tank out of the cellar and into the garage. Have 12 ft of the return in, up the wall to the ceiling. Just got the duct fabbed today. I will get another 10ft tomorrow. But the rest will have to wait for they forgot to make me a transition needed to go further. I tell you what tho, man is ductwork expensive. I am doing it myself, and getting the material below cost, and it's still going to be over $1,000. REALLY?

Been experimenting with it this weekend. Man is it easy to use. I can't comment on burn times, or the amount of heat it puts out. But I can say is as easy as pie to use. I am amazed at how easy it is.

Man it's going to take me awhile to get used to using this. Return is 1/2 done, but still pulling from the basement. It was 66 deg in the house tonight, lows going into the 30's. Thought I should lite the furnace. I am using some small end pieces. It,s been 20 min, The fan is not on yet. There is no heat that I can feel coming from the registers. There is a nice fire in the box. Sounds like I am complaining right. Not exactly, I don't know how it's possible, But the T-stat says 70 deg already. It feels comfortable too. I have a vent right at my chair here at the computer, still can't feel heat. But just got up since typing this and it's now 71. So obviously there is. I think the windows will be open later, and its on low...

I still can't comment on burn times as I have not fully loaded the furnace, or used any wood from the good stacks, (20 inch) only 6in long uglies. But I can say that my neighbor, with the same size and yr house, kept at about the same temp has used a cord of wood already. He has 2 EPA inserts. I have used maybe 1/6 of a cord. 4 55 gal drums of loosely thrown in uglies. So it seems wood consumption will be way down.

Good deal. So the 14 cord I have stacked will last me a long time? Awesome. I can relax for a while now. Even if I use 4 cord a yr that's almost 4 yrs worth.

depends on how much you you used last year. And how much you can resist opening all the windows. I think I may have 10 yrs worth of wood now.

Last yr was so mild I may have just used 4 cord. Yr before 5 cord. 3 yrs ago 8 cord. Was a long ass winter.

I have a well insulated 3000sf home. 8 yrs old. Walk out basement. I like keeping it 74-76 deg in the winter too. I'm a skinny ass, with no extra insulation and the warmer it is the less clothes the Mrs wears!

Thats kinda my problem. The mrs wears less but I'm a fat a$$, and have plenty of insulation. Fat a$$ means muscle of course.

Wait till you load the furnace all the way up. I'm not kidding when I say that growing-up my friends always referred to my dad (when he's not around) as whitey tighty, because that's all he ever wore around the 75 degree house. I can't even wear my nice Christmas sweater when we meet at the parent's house for the holidays, because it would be taken off after being there for 2 minutes anyways. :msp_smile:

Latest posts

Back