• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Oregon bar nose rivets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The memo was it cost over 50 each to get a maybe OE from Bailey's. Not sure if anyone even checks them anymore. The Stihl clones aren't any better.
I run old three rivet cannon bars and will need those three rivet tips eventually.

----
Just use soft steel rod for rivets and move on. Glad the guy I found had two used 375 tips in Oregon and he mailed them to me for $25 no rivets. Nice guy retired big wood faller in the south and Northern California had them left over. He ran 404.
Shaun Car sold me a new 375 installed on one bar and one 404 new three rivet. Looking for one more new 404 three rivet and a single rivet Oregon or Cannon 404 and I'm good. The single can be bought new but beware of the fake clones. They have soft sprockets. Cannon will likely replace my Oregon single rivet milling bar noses. Never using clones. Bought one and figured out the difference pretty quick bucking hardwood with a 28"RS ES 660 combo.
Did check Bailey's first thing....that's how I knew they found a lot of them in their old warehouse and sold them all. Are you saying they got $50ea for the OE tips? That's some kinda madness.

Cloning bar tips now(?)....no thanks. The rivets are NOT a big deal if you go to a commercial site online that sells rivets...they're listed if you know the size. I bought a small bag of them.

Kevin

I have 9 loose rivets (probably a lot more if I looked around some), five 3/8 tips and one .404 tip. Again, probably more if I looked. Boy, I like this Arborist Site. I'm finding all kinds of stuff in my shop! LOL
I have bars to go with those tips

Attachments

• 20220911_130118.jpg
    20220911_130118.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Did check Bailey's first thing....that's how I knew they found a lot of them in their old warehouse and sold them all. Are you saying they got $50ea for the OE tips? That's some kinda madness.

Cloning bar tips now(?)....no thanks. The rivets are NOT a big deal if you go to a commercial site online that sells rivets...they're listed if you know the size. I bought a small bag of them.

Kevin
Once you add in shipping I do believe it was near $50.
Cannon tips must be more than that by now.

Once you add in shipping I do believe it was near $50.
Cannon tips must be more than that by now.
Wow....hopefully I have a 'lifetime' supply now. COVID pretty much killed my woods work for whatever reason. I guess people are prioritizing what they want to pay for more than ever.....

I can remember buying those .404 tips for way less than ten dollars ea....

Kevin

Wow....hopefully I have a 'lifetime' supply now. COVID pretty much killed my woods work for whatever reason. I guess people are prioritizing what they want to pay for more than ever.....

I can remember buying those .404 tips for way less than ten dollars ea....

Kevin
Yeah and fuel was cheap in the seventies compared to now.
Saw on...

Back