Oregon bar question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leecopland

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I bought a bar on feebay with the following markings "Oregon 23419 QB 3/4" and it has a 3/8 " slot with square adjuster holes as well as oiler holes. It is NOS and It would nice to be able to use it.

I can't find the bar on Acers or Oregon. I looks a good fit for my Poulan 3400 and my Homelite 360. It also seems to need a chain that is 1 or 2 links longer than the one I have. Once mounted the chain won't turn easily so obviously not quite right.

I know, seems a newbie question and I probably see the light in the morning.

Thanks for any feedback

Lee

I bought a bar on feebay with the following markings "Oregon 23419 QB 3/4" and it has a 3/8 " slot with square adjuster holes as well as oiler holes. It is NOS and It would nice to be able to use it.

I can't find the bar on Acers or Oregon. I looks a good fit for my Poulan 3400 and my Homelite 360. It also seems to need a chain that is 1 or 2 links longer than the one I have. Once mounted the chain won't turn easily so obviously not quite right.

I know, seems a newbie question and I probably see the light in the morning.

Thanks for any feedback

Lee

That number don't do me any good but your 3400 has 5/16" studs and depending on your 360 it might also...

Post a picture of the bar tail...

Lee I have a bar just like that. With a set of stud spacers that will fit your Poulan just fine and is actually a Homelite mount but it may not fit your 360. The 360 that I had used the small Homelite mount which is now a small Husky mount.

A guy turned me on to a quick easy way to get some 5/16" to 3/8" stud spacers. Go to any hardware store and get a 3/8 OD spring with .035 wire diameter and cut off some coils to make a spacer. I got some at a Sears Hardware the other day and they were only $.70 apiece.

Lee I have a bar just like that. With a set of stud spacers that will fit your Poulan just fine and is actually a Homelite mount but it may not fit your 360. The 360 that I had used the small Homelite mount which is now a small Husky mount.

A guy turned me on to a quick easy way to get some 5/16" to 3/8" stud spacers. Go to any hardware store and get a 3/8 OD spring with .035 wire diameter and cut off some coils to make a spacer. I got some at a Sears Hardware the other day and they were only $.70 apiece.

Got that from the circus bear, you did...................................

Many thanks guys! AS comes through again, great site!
I will certainly get some of those springs. The 360 (35) came with the "S" type bar spacer. The bar fits the 360 but all my 16" chains are 1 or 2 drive link too short. I have a nice Stihl chain so I may mask my local Stihl dealer to add a link or 2

Lee

If that is the case, I would worry that the oil holes of the 3/8" slot bar (D096 or D196?) may not add up with the oil output from that saw. The "small Husky" bars have a slimmer tail, with the oil holes closer to the centreline of the bar.

Here is a picView attachment 337325
Bar slot is 3/8s or 9mm

Also, what is that coin trick for measuring the gauge of a bar? Dime, nickel, quarter?

Thanks,
Lee

Nice looking paint on that bar! Is it an RSN bar?

3/8" is 9.5mm, and that leads me to think D096 or D196 mount. The shape of the adjuster holes also fits with that.

If that is the case, I would worry that the oil holes of the 3/8" slot bar (D096 or D196?) may not add up with the oil output from that saw. The "small Husky" bars have a slimmer tail, with the oil holes closer to the centreline of the bar.

While that is true, many (but not all) of the Homelite bars have the option of oiling through the adjusters holes which may be the case in the 360. I don't remember for sure as it was some time ago since I had one and didn't keep it long.

While that is true, many (but not all) of the Homelite bars have the option of oiling through the adjusters holes which may be the case in the 360. I don't remember for sure as it was some time ago since I had one and didn't keep it long.

OK, that would be the K041 then, not the K095. The true "small Husky" is the K095.

OK, that would be the K041 then, not the K095. The true "small Husky" is the K095.

No, your right K095, is what it would be to replace the original small Homelite mount. I was meaning if he mounted the larger Homelite D195 bar on the 360 it may work ok if the oiler holes wont line up as it will oil though the adjuster holes.

No, your right K095, is what it would be to replace the original small Homelite mount. I was meaning if he mounted the larger Homelite D195 bar on the 360 it may work ok if the oiler holes wont line up as it will oil though the adjuster holes.

OK, I misread you a little then - but doesn't that mean that there needs to be an opening between the adjuster holes and the oil holes?

I don't think your understanding that the adjuster hole runs up to the bottom of the bar groove and the oil is picked up there.

For example here is a D176 bar mounted on a 350 Husky. You can see how the oiler slot is in the bar groove and will oil it there instead of the obviously mismatched oiler holes.

Like I said, some Homelite mounts like the D176 have the same setup on sending oil up through the adjuster holes like this. Other then the shape of the adjuster holes and slot size there actually the same bar mount100_4220 (Medium).JPG 100_4221 (Medium).JPG

Nice looking paint on that bar! Is it an RSN bar?

3/8" is 9.5mm, and that leads me to think D096 or D196 mount. The shape of the adjuster holes also fits with that.

Sorry don't know the term RSN.

Many thanks guys! AS comes through again, great site!
I will certainly get some of those springs. The 360 (35) came with the "S" type bar spacer. The bar fits the 360 but all my 16" chains are 1 or 2 drive link too short. I have a nice Stihl chain so I may mask my local Stihl dealer to add a link or 2

Lee

Is this a 16" bar? If so that makes sense as the Homelite 16" bar used a 59DL chain while all the replacements used 60DL.

I have quite a few of those 16" small mount Homelite bars that use 59DL if you need any..

I don't think your understanding that the adjuster hole runs up to the bottom of the bar groove and the oil is picked up there.
For example here is a D176 bar mounted on a 350 Husky. You can see how the oiler slot is in the bar groove and will oil it there instead of the obviously mismatched oiler holes.
Like I said, some Homelite mounts like the D176 have the same setup on sending oil up through the adjuster holes like this. Other then the shape of the adjuster holes and slot size there actually the same bar mount

You are right, I didn't know that.

A D176 bar obviously has a wider tail than a K095 one - but I understand that it works then!:)

Howdy,
Back in the day, Oregon called that a D023 mount. I thought they only made that mount in bars over 28", and anything shorter used the D196 mount.
Regards
Gregg

Latest posts

Back