Oregon Type 61 Chain Specs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawnami

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the filing angles should be for an Oregon Type 61 .404 chain? Does it take a 7/32 file?

Thanks for enlightening me on what I actually had.

What angles should it be filed at?

The chain is in really good shape. Is it something that I should save or should I just go ahead and use it up?

It was on my C-91 when I bought it. Obviously I didn't know what I had on it so I haven't looked around to check availability of replacement chains. It looks like I might be out of luck getting a replacement chain.

I don't use the saw much. I take it along when I cut just to get me out of a pinch (literally). The old saw cuts like crazy though.

The C91 can be converted to .404. What sprocket style do you have ? I assume it is a spur but I actulally have 7/16", 1/2" and 9/19" rims so it is possible you have a rim system.

Bill

It has a spur type sprocket on. I think the saw was originally supposed to have a .404 pitch from what I can find out. I assume that the 7/16" chain has been out of production for a while?

Back