Out of action

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bermie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well doesn't this just take the cake...

I've got a pinched nerve in my neck, radiating pain down my right arm...numb finger and thumb.
I've been told not to work and not to play hockey...which is probably where I picked up this injury anyway.
The physio has me all taped up, ice packs and more therapy on Monday. Got to have an x ray to see if its disc related...I sure hope not.
It really sucks, I've got at least two weeks worth of work booked, self employed, so nobody's paying me any sick pay...

I'm bummed:( :(

I'm sorry to hear that, it sucks when you're forced to take a vacation due to injury. I'm self-employed too and I broke my arm last year. Maybe you can do some supervising of your jobs if you can find some decent workers. Good luck!

I've got a pinched nerve in my neck, radiating pain down my right arm...numb finger and thumb.
I've been told not to work and not to play hockey...which is probably where I picked up this injury anyway.
The physio has me all taped up, ice packs and more therapy on Monday. Got to have an x ray to see if its disc related...I sure hope not.
It really sucks, I've got at least two weeks worth of work booked, self employed, so nobody's paying me any sick pay...

Sorry to hear that Bermie. I know how it sucks. I lost two months in 2000 due to a motorbike crash. There was nothing coming in but plenty of finance payments going out. Hope you recover quickly.

Thanks...
Ice pack on the back, hot water bottle on the front, a rum spiked eggnog in the hand.

Yeah, its the outgoing $$$ that sting, hopefully my incomings for work completed will last till I get this sorted.
I've got Pan Am Games to play in next month too, I NEED to get better!

get well go to the swizzle inn and look to the right side of the door biz card is there he he tom trees

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ........Hey Sweetie .......Hope your feel better soon...

BTW: Happy New Year Bermie ....

Hope you heal up soon Bermie!

We need you ship-shape to help mend sails when the Club 361 Flotilla beaches up!

Woe, Bermie is down and out, sorry to hear that. I also suffer from numbness to my arms. Doc said neurologist is next move but not to take it. He told me to change profession's, ya right. It bothers me after taking a beating to my shoulders digging or a lot of heavy over head lifting. I have suffered from this for almost five years now. (I'm pretty sure I did it lifting logs when I was building my cabin)
I am going to the doctor tomorrow for pain killers. If they work I'll try to get you some. Just kidding about that but I hope you can pull it together soon. Bathe in epsom salts, rest and advil is what Dr. Arkpk is going to recommend to get you fixed as soon as possible. Sounds like your doing the right thing with the hot and cold packs. Got to stop that nerve from jangling. It can take me three days to level off sometimes other times only one day while I am falling asleep.
Just remembered that it's only as I start to fall asleep that the pain from numbness starts and it doesn't bother me once I am up and about, go figure. I feel a tingle when I pull myself up on a rope but not enough to stop me from climbing. I don't know if this is what you want to hear but there it is. Go Bermie you'll get through it girl.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, sitting around waiting to heal really :censored: but sometimes it is the best thing. If the problem does not clear up, get a few opinions, remember most doctors are PRACTICING medicine, try not to let them PRACTICE on you.

sorry to hear about your illness... hope you get well soon.

maybe you can find someone to sub-out your booked work to.

attachment.php

Have you considered a Chiropractor?
I thought they were quacks until I started getting really bad cramps in my upper back and numbness/tingling down my arm.
Coworker recomended seeing his Chiro and now a couple months later I feel like a new person.

Billy

Thanks for the good wishes chaps!
Ultra, consider yourself killed...
As for subbing out, there are only two others I'd consider, and they are chokka with work just now. I'm hoping this will settle by next week and I can get back to it myself.

I go to a VERY good physio and I have an appointment with the orthopedic doctor. I'm no stranger to soft tissue injuries, what with tree work and being a field hockey goalie.

billy and Dada are totally right--nerves can be pinched by misaligned vertebrae. I get the same symptoms you describe, and a 10-minute spinal adjustment by a chiropractor takes them away 100%. I go every month or two, per need, not a big deal.

You don't seem like the kind who'd rather sit around and take drugs. :givebeer:

Get well, soon, Bermie. I've worked around a damaged nerve between L-4 and L-5 for years: I don't use my back much for climbing anyway, and limit my lifting on the ground. Hopefully, you find the "workaround" for your problem, better yet, the cure. Treetom.

Latest posts

Back