Overwhelming urge to get CAD saws going.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GoRving

Cad can be expensive, as we all know. But when CAD runs rampant, that means more saws, and that means we have more to want to get running. If we can manage the CAD itself, the latter won't be as much of an issue. Now, I have a Homey C-72 that I got last week. It was running great when it was "put up", but the gas has turned to varnish in the tank. Is the 72 worthy of spending some money on? It's a heavy mutha.

Cad can be expensive, as we all know. But when CAD runs rampant, that means more saws, and that means we have more to want to get running. If we can manage the CAD itself, the latter won't be as much of an issue. Now, I have a Homey C-72 that I got last week. It was running great when it was "put up", but the gas has turned to varnish in the tank. Is the 72 worthy of spending some money on? It's a heavy mutha.

The C-72 is very Worthy. Should only cost you a little piece of fuel line a fuel filter and a carb kit. Easy as pie to work on and have a nice sound.

The C-72 is very Worthy. Should only cost you a little piece of fuel line a fuel filter and a carb kit. Easy as pie to work on and have a nice sound.
Thanks! Guess I just needed a little justification to support the urge. :clap:
Yep in my books they are worth fixing. I don't think there is a saw out there not worth fixing for a fuel line and filter.

Thanks. You're probably right!

Yep. She has a common HL series Tillotsen carb. RK14 or RK19 carb kit and you'll be back in business. Otherwise, I'll pay to ship it to me for disposal if you like! My C5's could always use the company.

I know how you feel. I just had a customer call up and say he's bringing up 8 or 9 nine saws for me to play with. One is a Lombard; haven't a clue what the rest are, but I like surprises!

C-series are pretty much always worth carb kit fuel line and a filter as long as they have compression. Most are even worth rings if the cylinder is good. But then again they're my favorite saw to run. So I guess I'm a little biased. Nothing sounds better than a C-91 and a C-51 running in the woods together though. You'll be heard miles away.

Yep. She has a common HL series Tillotsen carb. RK14 or RK19 carb kit and you'll be back in business. Otherwise, I'll pay to ship it to me for disposal if you like! My C5's could always use the company.
Thanks. It's on my 'to do" list now.
Thanks! Guess I just needed a little justification to support the urge. :clap:

IMO the justification is that the saw isn't running and needs your help - I now have somewhere near 25 saws so my CAD is a serious habit - I can't help myself:laugh:

Spud
We got a problem, for sure. :laugh:
I know how you feel. I just had a customer call up and say he's bringing up 8 or 9 nine saws for me to play with. One is a Lombard; haven't a clue what the rest are, but I like surprises!
I have one of those small Skil Lombards(only L I have) Sounds like you're gonna have fun with all those.
C-series are pretty much always worth carb kit fuel line and a filter as long as they have compression. Most are even worth rings if the cylinder is good. But then again they're my favorite saw to run. So I guess I'm a little biased. Nothing sounds better than a C-91 and a C-51 running in the woods together though. You'll be heard miles away.
Thanks. I now need a carb kit for my Wiz 55. That one may be tougher to find. But the 72 will be running soon(I hope)

Thanks. It's on my 'to do" list now.

I now need a carb kit for my Wiz 55. That one may be tougher to find. But the 72 will be running soon(I hope)

You're most welcome. It should be the same RK14/RK19 carb kit for the Wizz55, as it most likely has a Tilly HL series carb as well....:givebeer:

Shargoth said:

I agree completely. Love them C-Series and XP-Series Homelites. The BIG older homelites sound awesome as well. Nothing like a big old Homie such as a 600D or an 8-29 to wake the neighbors with...:popcorn:

Back