Pacific Northwest get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange. I was just going to report that the snow is ankle deep on my retriever this morning, and still coming down. No pictures of her because then I'll be taunted on her weight, and have to explain she is anorexic. Gotta bribe her to eat and have had to all her 13 years.

We have (lets see...) 7 dogs here right now (we raise livestock guardian dogs and train them), and we have NEVER had to bribe one to eat! Especially the house dog, a rot/retriever mix. She will do anything to get food. Sniff sniff sniff, where's the food? Sniff sniff sniff, I smell food! Sniff sniff, gimme food! gimme more food! Food food food! Steal the puppies' food! Steal the cat food! Steal the human food! Gimme more food!

I have to feed her less because she steals the other animals' food. O/w she gets fat. I get 8 x 40 lb. bags of dog food at a time at Costco. The guardian dogs are huge; Great Pyranese cross.

We have (lets see...) 7 dogs here right now (we raise livestock guardian dogs and train them), and we have NEVER had to bribe one to eat! Especially the house dog, a rot/retriever mix. She will do anything to get food. Sniff sniff sniff, where's the food? Sniff sniff sniff, I smell food! Sniff sniff, gimme food! gimme more food! Food food food! Steal the puppies' food! Steal the cat food! Steal the human food! Gimme more food!

I have to feed her less because she steals the other animals' food. O/w she gets fat. I get 8 x 40 lb. bags of dog food at a time at Costco. The guardian dogs are huge; Great Pyranese cross.

I have a LGD in with my goats. What do you cross you pyranese with?

I have a LGD in with my goats. What do you cross you pyranese with?

Anatloian Shepherd and Pyr (stud), and Marrema and Pry (b1tch). We crossed some of their pups with a Polish Tatra that we had, but that stud has since been sold. Great dogs. We use them for cougar protection (big problem here) on our sheep farm. We sell them all over the US, mostly on the west coast though. They are used for cayotes, cougars, bears and smaller predators. Some are even house and condo protection dogs (guard that TV remote!).

LGD photos attached...

Well snowing again here today. Suppose to get another foot today. For the last 3 days it melted down to about a 20inch base. More fun plowing after work today. I enjoyed the plowing the first couple of times, but after 15 times its getting old.:confused:

Well snowing again here today. Suppose to get another foot today. For the last 3 days it melted down to about a 20inch base. More fun plowing after work today. I enjoyed the plowing the first couple of times, but after 15 times its getting old.:confused:

Plowing is good for you Booker. Hasn't your doctor told you that? :)

I hope we don't get a 96 melt. Plowing snow for a half mile driveway is getting very old on the tractor. Need to get a boss for my pickup so I can be inside the cab.

I hope we don't get a 96 melt. Plowing snow for a half mile driveway is getting very old on the tractor. Need to get a boss for my pickup so I can be inside the cab.

Nope, stay outside of the cab B-D. You'll remember these days fondly when your too old to plow anymore...and it's better for you too! :monkey:

Stevens and Snoqualmie must be doing ok today. Yesterday the container trucks were going over our pass, and late afternoon it was a steady stream. No passing except in the passing lane places. Today it is back to normal traffic. The Subaru made it up the hill to the moneypit..about 6 inches of concrete snow. Going down had a couple of heart attack moments due to outsloping. Gotta get that road fixed. :jawdrop:

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..

I'm enjoying the best sking for years.... it's as good as it gets around here, and up there with the best anywhere..

Last edited:
I'm enjoying the best sking for years.... it's as good as it gets around here, and up theee with the best anywhere..

Well, if the storms would stop for long enough to actually go skiing... I look forward to some killer night skiing on Mt Hood.

Why, just a few weeks ago the snowpack was 50% of average... heh heh heh. Flooding here again. Most of the snow has melted and the rains and mud gods have returned.

I only ski the storms... Seen the sun maybe twice in four years!

Well, the roads here in OR have been closed a lot of late, and the slopes have not had power all the time. I see that the passes in WA are just as bad. There is enough snow up there now to last through June!

Snow Off

I'm cranky. Turn the snow off for a while please. Drove up to road to timber sale, 2 feet since last drive up there. I see little stuff that is going to fall into the road soon, but would need to put on snowshoes to go make it fall now.
And, I DIDN'T BUY A SEASON PASS FOR THE SKI AREA!! I can get one next month for a reduced rate. The forecast seems to be .......
SNOW!

With some wind added soon.

I needed to whine. Thank you.:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back