Pacific Northwest GTG June 10th-12th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that looks like fun Bob. You, Liz, Shannon, T, and everyone else involved have done great. The old McCullochs are gettin' hungry. Got a few more things to square away this weekend during the rain. Truck's almost ready. Gotta check belts, hoses, tires, and fluids. 1100+ miles round trip is a ways to go for a 25+ year old truck with 194K on the clock. If I'm really ambitious and efficient this weekend (don't hold your breath Randy), I'll swap the 'modern' 2005 or so vintage cheap-'o' CD player (that's been collecting dust for six years) into the diesel to replace the dying FM tape deck.........finally...:msp_rolleyes:

Still need to take a buncha crap out of the truck...........to make room for other crap. Finishing up getting the McCulloch 550, 650, and Randy's 790 squared up. Haven't decided on my 790 yet. If it's going, I'll need to call Baileys and have them spin up a loop of chain for me to pick up on the way to Randy's. May pick up an SP81 on the way there if funds allow. Need to sharpen some chains.

Hey Randy.............do you have a 1/4" file I can use? Guess I should pick up a couple at Baileys in Laytonville. Don't yet have one for the 1/2" chains for the 650. Biggest I have now is 7/32".

Sorting out the camping gear, saw tools/spares/fluids, booze, and other junk. Gather it up............pull out what's not needed.........look through it again...........pull out more crap.........and put in just what's actually needed. I've found that the more times I repeat this process before a trip, the less uneeded stuff comes along (and I miss less stuff that I do need).:D
Have they started selling stuff in Laytonville? When I was thru there about 3 years ago? the store was empty. All they had in there was catalogs.

Today I loaded my goods for the GTG. Took it all to my cabin, it's two hours closer.
Got a 090, 621,031, 1100, buncha parts, not wanting to bring any of it back!!!!
Will head out Thursday early and camp south of Seattle.
Gotta clean out the trailer, been parked for three years!!!:dizzy:

Today I loaded my goods for the GTG. Took it all to my cabin, it's two hours closer.
Got a 090, 621,031, 1100, buncha parts, not wanting to bring any of it back!!!!
Will head out Thursday early and camp south of Seattle.
Gotta clean out the trailer, been parked for three years!!!:dizzy:

1100 what?

It's a very large Husky, someone id'd it as an 1100.
But could be something else. Big, Old, Orange, complete, no distiguishing marks!!!:msp_scared:
I am hoping them homeland securtiy border guys dont see it as a national threat!!!

You are probably ok.
I might be interested in big, old orange. We can discuss it over a beer or two.

Beautiful day Here Today!

Got lots more done. Mostly with Rhett's help.

And had some fun too!

Still a little more to do! However I am saving lots of saw work for the Friday crew!.......Bob

Have they started selling stuff in Laytonville? When I was thru there about 3 years ago? the store was empty. All they had in there was catalogs.

I think so. At the least, I should be able to pick up a will-call order.

It's a very large Husky, someone id'd it as an 1100.
But could be something else. Big, Old, Orange, complete, no distiguishing marks!!!:msp_scared:
I am hoping them homeland securtiy border guys dont see it as a national threat!!!

Dangit. I was hoping it was an XP1100 Homelite. I could use an 1100/1130G parts saw. Hopefully Ric will bring one in tbe bus.

You are probably ok.
I might be interested in big, old orange. We can discuss it over a beer or two.

So we may be hauling something big, old, and orange home? I'm hauling something smaller, a bit newer, and orange up for Bob to look at....and maybe trade for some big Homelite internals...

Randy did you get my email reply last night about the trip, and tonight's reply about work crap? Don't know if emails from my phone are getting through...

Just Looked At The Ten Day!

We are going to have GREAT weather!!! I'd better clean out that shady "Handicaped Parking" area! ( going to Miss you Trin )
SlowP....Friday will give you easy backing into your spot and we can get some early practice on those candle things.
Just 6 days now!............:msp_thumbsup:......Bob & Liz, "T" & Shannon

Hi Bob,

Looking forward to enjoying this year's GTG through the pictures you post. Out to the Isle of Man later this week for the TT motorcycle races. Maybe we'll see ya'll next year.

Say hi to "T" from Kate and me.

Colin.

Got lots more done. Mostly with Rhett's help.

And had some fun too!

Still a little more to do! However I am saving lots of saw work for the Friday crew!.......Bob

I think Rhett's work was well rewarded.:cheers:

If I sit in one of them Rhettneck Adirondacks, I'll have to chock it so it doesn't roll back first. I can see myself 'reclining' right on back onto my noggin after a few PBR's if I don't chock the chair...:jester:

Back In The House For A Sec

Thanks for the shout out Colin! Hope you can make it again, maybe the Bailey's one later this year. If it's in Laytonville, that's pretty area!
Arron....Those Rhettneck chairs are really very stable! Beer makes a difference though! They are almost Chowdozer safe !!!....:)
:popcorn:....Going to be a lot of trading going on! Be early & be FAST!
........Bob.......:msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back