Pacific Northwest GTG dates for 2016

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Memorable saws to me were Sheldon's Homie super 2100 with a 50" bar and 1/2" full chisel chain, the 3100g with 60" bar.

Chainsaw Jim's saws were really jaw droppers. His 357 with a 272 snuck under the hood was so clean it looked factory. A real hotrod with those cylinder fins trying to, and almost a completing the task of, sticking out from the under the hood. But to me, his very new looking and unassuming ms180 was it. There was a strong running 200t which his 180 just plain smoked, not even close. All the while looking like it just came off the shelf.

Marks Solo twin was exceptional all and thoughly enjoyed by everyone. In gact it was the first saw to make noise on sunday, and su h a beautiful noise it sang. Our Mac 650 vs 660 was fun. I do wish I'd taken the time to run his Mac 77 but if he comes next year I will have a Homie 7-29 ready to race his 77.

And last but not least was Bob's Sliner. A fine Asiatic saw if I ever saw one. It even came with a spare set of cylinder replacement gaskets, hmm, something we don't know? But it is a metal (pot or mag) case chassis with bolt on cylinder. Nice bright, don't lose it plastic as well. Still I'm left with the question, I wonder if Bob might build it? After all he is the reining "Wildthing" world champ complete with with removable head and pipe.

@madhatte with my Jonny 2051 vs @sawfun with a P5000+

The be fair, the Jonny was dialed back to about 13.2K, the chain was too tight, and I hadn't sharpened it.

I can't speak for the Partner....

Heffalump........... Gotta hand it to you on this, great documentation and photo sharing of this gtg. Thank you for taking the time to share them to us ASers

We'll have to see if Fraser looks in on this thread and shares the secret of the blue top Husky.

Just a few more to extend the experience. I have already started discussing next year with Mrs. Heimann in hopes she will join me for the trip.

Here is "T" adding a personal invitation.

IMG_4983.JPG

IMG_4989.JPG

Nate (Mad Hatte) putting the P100 in some big wood.

IMG_4999.JPG

I never did find out his name, but another of the guests thoroughly enjoying himself running saws.

IMG_5006.JPG

IMG_5008.JPG

Got an old saw that needs help? Bring it along and the pit crew will get it going in no time.

IMG_5048.JPG

Already making plans...

Mark

I forgot to mention Kevin's (schmuck) 562 which I was reluctant to try as I am not a big 60cc saw fan but Nate (madhatte) strongly suggested I do so, I did. That saw is stock except a muffler mod and it pulls (and oils) a 28" bar better than a stock 372 or 12mm 044. Cool saw for sure Kevin, thanks for the lesson Nate.

I too wish I had taken more pictures and videos. There were far too many brands and models of vintage muscle saws to explain from an overwhelmed memory like mine is right now. Lol
Mark's @heimannm McCulloch collection is something that deserves extra mention. The very rare bp-1 and the solo twin are two saws I thought I would never see in person...let alone run a few cuts in wood.
Mark, I thank you again for that opportunity.

Running the northwest wild thing was a real thrill too. But I missed out on shredding a cant with the piped 3120. Woohoo that thing looks meaner than ****!

@madhatte with my Jonny 2051 vs @sawfun with a P5000+

The be fair, the Jonny was dialed back to about 13.2K, the chain was too tight, and I hadn't sharpened it.

I can't speak for the Partner....

I mis-typed that. The 2051 was dialed back to 14.2K. Factory tune spec was 14.8K (thanks to @Cantdog for the official list) but I richened it up just a skosh since 2051 P/C's aren't so easy to come by.....

I forgot to mention Kevin's (schmuck) 562 which I was reluctant to try as I am not a big 60cc saw fan but Nate (madhatte) strongly suggested I do so, I did. That saw is stock except a muffler mod and it pulls (and oils) a 28" bar better than a stock 372 or 12mm 044. Cool saw for sure Kevin, thanks for the lesson Nate.

As far as I know it is the chain that is pulled by the powerhead, and not the bar - but who really cares? :D:lol:

Latest posts

Back