Pacific Northwest GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not making it after all...

One of my goldens had a neuro-toxic reaction after sniffing a mushroom on yesterday morning's walk in the forest.

It was relatively mild and she is fine now but we didn't know what was happening at first. She had three episodes (that I witnessed) during the day yesterday where one end of her body (front or back) would just collapse under her.

She also had some mild twitching after that. Fortunately I have an excellent veterinary office who takes great care of my dogs and she seems fine now, her mood is maybe a little bit depressed - she may have had a bad, uh, experience...although she didn't seem out of it.

So, I'll catch y'alls NEXT TIME!!!

Y'all have missed a great time! And more is happening tomorrow...

Mark, I am delighted that your bride will be OK... what a stressful week it's been for y'all waiting! Maybe you'll be able to come next year...

I am sure pictures will be posted in the next 24 hours or so...

the excitement that occurred prior to my leaving at 9pm tonight-- well, I missed it cuz I was in the outhouse... but it'll be reported I'm sure...

I can't stand it!!!
:blob4: :blob4:
Why is the news black-out blacked-out blank blankity blank??
Here it is almost 48 hours into the MacKenzie River Follies and no pics!!!
No news except Trinity's tantalizingly teasing hint that "Something Happened"...
WHAT happened??
Did the Lane County Sheriff's Department arrive and haul off all the crew??
Did the Lane County Sheriff's Department arrive, take one long look, say, "Tsk. Tsk.", shrug, and join in the fun??
Did Sasquatch show up wielding a Mac 12-25A with a 12-foot bar and gulp down all the PBW, cans and all???
Did someone fling an axe at a 4' cookie, miss, and sink the boatful of tourists watching from the river??
Are helicopters circling the scene??
Bob to Trinity to Randy to Bob to Ric to Tinkers to Evers to Chance... and Who's On First??
Hurry up and take a break and post us the news!!

I can't stand it!!!
Why is the news black-out blacked-out blank blankity blank??
Here it is almost 48 hours into the MacKenzie River Follies and no pics!!!
No news except Trinity's tantalizingly teasing hint that "Something Happened"...
WHAT happened??
Did the Lane County Sheriff's Department arrive and haul off all the crew??
Did the Lane County Sheriff's Department arrive, take one long look, say, "Tsk. Tsk.", shrug, and join in the fun??
Did Sasquatch show up wielding a Mac 12-25A with a 12-foot bar and gulp down all the PBW, cans and all???
Did someone fling an axe at a 4' cookie, miss, and sink the boatful of tourists watching from the river??
Are helicopters circling the scene??
Bob to Trinity to Randy to Bob to Ric to Tinkers to Evers to Chance... and Who's On First??
Hurry up and take a break and post us the news!!

Yeah...what he said.

Start spilling the details or rumors begin at 6:00pm, PDT...

You HAVE been warned...and I'm NOT afraid to mention McCredie Hot Springs in said rumors...

Bwahahahaaaa...

attachment.php

Well we are on our way home and stopped at Newport for the nite.
I have lots more pictures to post.
The wife an I had a great time, we enjoyed meeting everybody.:clap::clap:
A big thanks to Bob & Liz and family for the great hospitality.:clap::clap:
And Farley9n the wife really enjoyed the shop tour,,,, more on that later.
Bob

Thanks!!

A big "Thank You" to Farley and his better half Liz.:hmm3grin2orange::yourock:
What a great weekend and we had a blast!!

As for the excitement, that was pretty funny!!
I will let Bob fill in the details as it is his Neighbor.

Gologit we missed you!!!
I know some people have to work.:cry::cry:
It was really nice to meet some more people.
Bruvol, that Salmon was the best we have ever tasted, and Brian is not a fan of any kind of fish.
Hope everyone else had a great time. If you didn't it's your own fault.

OOOOOOHHHHHHH Patty, are you missing something?
I have your hot dog roasting stick hostage, until we meet again sister!!:chainsaw:
:clap::clap:

Our first Post Post!

attachment.php
Incident???? What incident? Did you mean the ugly thing with the neighbor who was going to call the sheriff is we didn't have a muffler on this little old saw?

Thanks a ton Bob and Liz. Great peeps, great food, great weather, fun saws.

cobbling together a franken-pioneer saw scavenged from Bob's shop, looks good.

Thanks to all. Eric

Last edited:
Before I go any

Further.....Liz and I had a GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! time!!!! (& yes there will be a sink at the next one).
This was Liz's first exposure to the joyfully demented that are known to frequent these sordid events and is now HOOKED! She's already telling me what we need to do to for the next one!!!
Of all who attended (40+) the two had the best time were she and I. It's been a wonderful experience and it's all the fault of the quality of the participants.
Thank you all for this memorable super weekend!........:).....B&L

Last edited:
Thank you, ,Bob & Liz!

Thank you for hosting such a motley crew... Shannon & T, plus Jason & Stephanie-- thank you for being the 2nd in command... it was a privilege to get to know Liz, Shannon, Jason, & Stephanie! Let me not forget Chase the Wonderdog!!!

And to all who were able to come-- always a delight to catch up with y'all and to hear what's going on in your world! To the ladies who accompanied their husbands-- I hope you had a great time! This is definitely a stellar bunch of people...

And I gotta thank all who cooked such great foods!!!

Feisty by Nature, GTG Addicted...

~~Trinity

Thanks to Bob and Liz. They were great hosts!

I'll post a few pictures, more to follow.

Here is the debut of the wedge for falling and bucking second and third growth timber. Notice that it is quite a bit smaller in size than the wedges used for the Old Growth.
attachment.php

We PNWers like nice shoes.

attachment.php

Here is our host at play.

attachment.php

The recreation area.
attachment.php

Mountain Gal! La Serucho de Barbie el Tigre is just waiting for the rematch!
:buttkick:

I have no pictures, but we started the next generation of Girly Saw Users.
The Granddaughter of Liz and Bob is hooked on running saws, so she was initiated into the Sisterhood Of The Girly Saws With Stickers.

She understands the secret concept and will carry on with our tradition. :clap:

Back