Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like things have been pretty well covered. I wanted to thank Farley9n for sharing all his cool old saws. And of course thanks to Bookerdog for all the work he put into this. It was a great time with great people.

Thanks to all!

Oh yeah Bookerdog, thanks for letting me run your Huskys. That 390xp is a log eating BEAST!

River's Texas style fried steaks did not look to inviting, but I am glad you all survived the ordeal...:laugh:

Actually,,,Roland,,,, there were no Fried Steaks,,, only Grilled burgers, Chicken, sausage, and Pork ribs And the rate they were dissapearing,,,,, It must have been OK!!! even the first rack of ribs which I will admit were a bit crispy disappeared very fast and were actually still quite tasty,,,, the next two racks were perfect,,,, as the fire became a bit more managble

Good ole Cajun spice!!!!!

But what made it all so good was the cumulative effort from everyone,,,,, everybody chipped in and brought stuff,,, sort of a potluck,,,,field day,,,,,, Bar-B-Q if you will,,,,

Everyone who was there is to be commended,,,,

I must say the majesty of the Columbia River Gorge with Mt. Hood in the Backdrop was spectacular,,,, especially for a flatlander Like me,,,

attachment.php

if you haven't been,,, I've said it before and I will say it again,,, The hospitality is great,,,, the scenery is unbelievable,,, you owe it to yourself to see it,,,,

Did I mention to bring your raingear????? it rained 2 out of three days,,,

but it was stihl nice!!!!

Big thank you to Bookerdog and his Lady for hosting and supplying something for us to cut.

Thanks also to J Man for dragging and stacking all the logs. I like the peer over the log method you use when cutting the big stuff.

I had A FANTASTIC time. I ran a ton of different saws and must admit the 361 is more saw than my 359... just NOT $150 more. Thanks again to Book for twisting my arm toward the Husky.

IMO the most impressive saw there was Book's, Dean modded 146. Everyone that ran it wore a WOW expression after the first cut. I think the fastest hands down was Ian's.

I twisted Lake's arm after he overcame my senior moment that flooded my Husky (Thanks again) and I think he was surprised at how well it performed until it got stuck. I'm not going to mention who was on the trigger but you know who you are.

There are so many of you that now reside in a small corner of my cold gnarled heart I had to allot more storage space and it runs considerably warmer thanks to you all. Thanks to all that attended, I learned a great deal and had a GREAT weekend.

This was my first GTG... it won't be my last.

Last edited:
THANKS to BookerDog & Family!

Just finished unloading the truck & putting all the saws back in their rightful piles! Arms aching from too many pullstarts, knees still quivering from trying to bog the XP1100 and a permanent grin full of memories from a great week end! Both the son in law ( Teiva ) and I had a GREAT TIME! I gotta hand it to Bookerdog for not only stepping up and making a reality of what the rest of us were only talking about but also setting a very high mark for the future!
I also want to THANK others in no particular order for their parts in this PNW's success: All the Gals ( kerfetts? ) for their seamless blend of the GOOD along with the BAD & the UGLY. ChowDozer for his late night entertainment and chair disposal act. My wife says THANKS!
Lou for his company and assistance at the work bench.
All those who weren't too proud to "Wild Thing" it.
Jim (Flea ) who I was able to con into running damm near every saw I brought.
Lakeside who is without a doubt the "King of the Recoil Spring" along with all the other things he does and shares so well.
BigBadBob for 3 days of Canadian good company and gererousity.
Dean for his openess & humor ( not to mention tolerance towards
liberals ). He was also responcible for three of the more impressive saws there including the "Dean-O-SawR" 084 for RR2 that Ironbark found could roll a 40" log just as easy as cut it.
Woodforheat (Brian?) for his socialability and all around helpfullness.
Ian haywood for his quiet pleasure in knowing that he most likely had the fastest & best all around saw there. ( it was impressive! )
RR 2 for having the courage to dump Texas in order to show us what an all around great guy he is. ( not a bad cook either)
I'm not even close to having said enough about the people and the fun we had but my typing finger has a sharpening cut and it's about to give out..............Bob

Jay "the fire guy" checkin' in. I wanted to see the pictures you all posted so I (my wife) set me up an account. :cheers: Glad to have met you all. It was a great weekend.

bout 45 minutes til that fire's going good?:cheers:

Bookerdog did a great job. The guy was nonstop. Grinding chains, going out for donuts, ordering pizza, gettin people coffee. I bet he drove 50 miles up and down the hill in 2 days. Wanted to thank him, his great wife and Jay for putting up with us. It was alot of fun.

Just finished unloading the truck & putting all the saws back in their rightful piles! Arms aching from too many pullstarts, knees still quivering from trying to bog the XP1100 and a permanent grin full of memories from a great week end! Both the son in law ( Teiva ) and I had a GREAT TIME! I gotta hand it to Bookerdog for not only stepping up and making a reality of what the rest of us were only talking about but also setting a very high mark for the future!
I also want to THANK others in no particular order for their parts in this PNW's success: All the Gals ( kerfetts? ) for their seamless blend of the GOOD along with the BAD & the UGLY. ChowDozer for his late night entertainment and chair disposal act. My wife says THANKS!
Lou for his company and assistance at the work bench.
All those who weren't too proud to "Wild Thing" it.
Jim (Flea ) who I was able to con into running damm near every saw I brought.
Lakeside who is without a doubt the "King of the Recoil Spring" along with all the other things he does and shares so well.
BigBadBob for 3 days of Canadian good company and gererousity.
Dean for his openess & humor ( not to mention tolerance towards
liberals ). He was also responcible for three of the more impressive saws there including the "Dean-O-SawR" 084 for RR2 that Ironbark found could roll a 40" log just as easy as cut it.
Woodforheat (Brian?) for his socialability and all around helpfullness.
Ian haywood for his quiet pleasure in knowing that he most likely had the fastest & best all around saw there. ( it was impressive! )
RR 2 for having the courage to dump Texas in order to show us what an all around great guy he is. ( not a bad cook either)
I'm not even close to having said enough about the people and the fun we had but my typing finger has a sharpening cut and it's about to give out..............Bob

Here's Farley multitasking. :)

attachment.php

I'm not a logger, so I guess the answer is still one...:cheers:

WAIT... ZERO - BOB's not from around here... from CA.... must be our real wood...

:hmm3grin2orange: Yup...just another reason for people not to move to the PNW...The wood is too tough to cut and there's always three hundred people around with cameras when you screw up.

There's not much I can add to all the posts except to say that it was probably the best time I've had in way too long. I can't think of anything I'd change...except for maybe disabling a few cameras. :)

Good people, good food, lot's of saws to play with, and even if Bookerdog's logs don't like my California saw I'd go again in a heartbeat.

My thanks to all of you.

Wood4heat gettin some of that BBQ chicken.

Thought no one saw that, eh?:cheers:

I'm just glad you didn't catch me up to my ears in the ribs that came off a few minutes later!

Last edited:

I don't remember having a gut when I got there. :monkey:

Sharing post 1,000 with all my new freinds!!!

Can't think of a better place for it. You're a good hand with that icecream maker. It was perfect with Slowp's huckleberry pie. I bugged her so much about bringing it that I had to eat four pieces by myself so I didn't hurt her feelings. It was a struggle but I could probably do it again.

Can't think of a better place for it. You're a good hand with that icecream maker. It was perfect with Slowp's huckleberry pie. I bugged her so much about bringing it that I had to eat four pieces by myself so I didn't hurt her feelings. It was a struggle but I could probably do it again.

Hey Bob it was great meeting you. Brian and I both enjoyed your company and getting to know you, as well as everyone else.
At least the wife knows you didn't go hungry.
It was really nice to get to put a face to the screen names.
It will be pretty hard to beat this get together, but it will be fun to do it again.
Glad everyone made it home safe.

Sigh, it was back to hacking up blowdown again today. I was wishing for everybody to be here so I could sit back in a chair and watch and eat but nobody showed up! So I thought to myself that people enjoy cutting up stuff and cut it up.....It was a good time down there in Underwood. :clap:

Sigh, it was back to hacking up blowdown again today. I was wishing for everybody to be here so I could sit back in a chair and watch and eat but nobody showed up! So I thought to myself that people enjoy cutting up stuff and cut it up.....It was a good time down there in Underwood. :clap:

Yup...back to the real world tomorrow. I was supposed to go up to Yakima and look at some machinery but they changed their minds and I left The Dalles about 1 this morning and headed straight home.

I agree on the chair thing. I think I could finish out my working days in a lawn chair with some of RR2's barbecue, huckleberry pie and home made icecream, watching somebody else cut wood, quite nicely.

Back