Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trinity, you will need a tie dyed hickory shirt. I don't know how to do that.
And my dyed shirt kind of faded back to normal. Hmmm, I see a need for a clinic. A tie dying woods clothes session. Any instructors out there? We can pay with pie, cookies and designer beer.

i'm getting ready to do some dyeing of cotton yarn, etc... but the hickory shirts are just for you petite folks... i was looking and couldn't find one for big broads like myself! what's wrong with denim???

i'm getting ready to do some dyeing of cotton yarn, etc... but the hickory shirts are just for you petite folks... i was looking and couldn't find one for big broads like myself! what's wrong with denim???

You need to make a shopping trip to Chehalis. I'm sure you'd find a shirt at Sunbirds, Service Saw or Madsens. Right now, I've been bucking the fashion trend and doing the big no no of rolling sleeves up and down depending on what kind of bug is biting. The fashion for summer is to have the sleeves TORN to the desired length. Actually, that is sometimes the fashion for winter also, but a sweatshirt is worn underneath. I haven't seen a repeat of one guy's midi cut shirt though. I'm glad of that. Hairy outie navels aren't very scenic. :eek:

You need to make a shopping trip to Chehalis. I'm sure you'd find a shirt at Sunbirds, Service Saw or Madsens. Right now, I've been bucking the fashion trend and doing the big no no of rolling sleeves up and down depending on what kind of bug is biting. The fashion for summer is to have the sleeves TORN to the desired length. Actually, that is sometimes the fashion for winter also, but a sweatshirt is worn underneath. I haven't seen a repeat of one guy's midi cut shirt though. I'm glad of that. Hairy outie navels aren't very scenic. :eek:

No, no, no, no! You don't TEAR them. That's passe. You ask to borrow somebody's pocket knife, remark "Jeeeez, that's really dull" and procede to whack away at them with the dull knife...kinda like slashing your way through foliage. The results are ragged, uneven, longer on one side than the other...and totally authentic.

Hairy navels are considered acceptable only when they're surrounded by tattoos or major scars.

Nah, I only loan out my extremely dull multi tool for such things as hoses.
I state the phrase, "Careful, the blade is used razor dull." Then I grin and listen to the whining and cursing about such a dull blade and delight in seeing the bloody fingers. They don't ask to borrow it again.

I did see a sleeve operation occur to a brand new sweatshirt. The boss didn't roll up his sleeves, but plunged elbow deep into the belly of his yarder. I didn't ask why no sleeve rolling occurred. Then he yelled at the chaser to bring a knife over and the sleeves were cut off and discarded. Must be a guy thing.:)

Last edited:
Can You tie dye denim??????? :monkey:

sigh... well, yes you can tie dye denim.. .but i was trying to side step the issue and not have to dye anything... 2/3 of my closet is denim, which also allows me to not purchase something :clap:

ok, websearch accomplished... finally found someone who sells the Lucious Lovely Lady size... tie dye it will be... any other requirements for my continued initiation into the logging world???

Bob, didn't know your tastes went this way... oh my... well, i embrace diversity!!! as long as you enjoy them hairy tattooed navels, it's OK with me... :dizzy:

:ices_rofl: You assumed I was talking about male navels? Now that's just plain disgusting. Even in California.

And as far as getting you outfitted with logging clothes...don't forget the suspenders. And stag off a pair of jeans. Caulks are optional, but they'll keep you from falling down unless your feet are so little to begin with that it's like you're walking on Eggos. Oh, and a can of snoose in your pocket....gotta have that for days when you can't smoke in the woods.
Gotta have a whistle, too. And a hardhat of course.

We'll get to all the other stuff when we think of it.

And you're going to have to sell your car and buy a pickup so you can carry around all the tools of the trade plus all the junk that tends to accumulate. You'll notice that loggers never litter...everything for the whole season, good, bad, used, new, broken, or unidentifiable is still right there in the back of the pickup. Better start shopping.

Last edited:
Around here, donettos seem to be a popular item to eat. And you'll need assorted 5 gallon buckets, a welder and fuel tank. Oh, don't forget the headache rack.
Then spew oil all over the outside of your pickup and coat that with dust and you'll look authentic. Maybe some snoose drool down the door sides too.
Sounds like you have 2.5 months to create. Get to it now. That mixture of dust and oil takes a bit of time to season properly. Here's a good example of a properly seasoned crummy.
attachment.php

Wait a minute...

:ices_rofl: You assumed I was talking about male navels? Now that's just plain disgusting. Even in California.

And as far as getting you outfitted with logging clothes...don't forget the suspenders. And stag off a pair of jeans. Caulks are optional, but they'll keep you from falling down unless your feet are so little to begin with that it's like you're walking on Eggos. Oh, and a can of snoose in your pocket....gotta have that for days when you can't smoke in the woods.
Gotta have a whistle, too. And a hardhat of course.

We'll get to all the other stuff when we think of it.

And you're going to have to sell your car and buy a pickup so you can carry around all the tools of the trade plus all the junk that tends to accumulate. You'll notice that loggers never litter...everything for the whole season, good, bad, used, new, broken, or unidentifiable is still right there in the back of the pickup. Better start shopping.

1. if you are into hairy female navels, i will again say-- Go For It Big Bob! I accept your preferences...
2. I think you & Ms Slowp are getting carried away... i show up to enjoy the day, and at no time in my life am i a wannabee... so i have no need to acquire all the accoutrement of the logger... i am simply a chainsaw groupie... nothing more, nothing less...

I am eating blueberry pie for breakfast and it is not as tasty as huckleberry pie. I'll put some in my lunch though. It will be a busy day of painting trees for road r/w. Buy a hickory shirt. Everybody, even our office guy who signs out the ticket books, wears them around here. To be authentic, they do need to have a grease stain or darkness on the belly area. The shirts without the navel observatory that is. Well, I'm off to do battle with the biting flies.
Have a good day.

Sorry to hear things didn't go as well as hoped Tim. You just take the time needed to completely heal. You are in my thoughts.
The Chinese top handle saws cannot be imported, so that is bust too. I tried about 15 different manufacturers. RedMax is selling one that probably originated there but inexpensive it isn't.
Sending good wishes
Lou

Sorry everyone but, I don't think I will be able to have a fall gtg. My surgery didn't go as well as expected this summer. I will try to put one together for next spring again.

Sorry about the surgery...hope things get better. If you do plan on a GTG in the spring and you're still not 100% there's probably a few of us who could come up a little early and help set things up. Whatever it takes.
Let us know...and take care of yourself.

Sorry about the surgery...hope things get better. If you do plan on a GTG in the spring and you're still not 100% there's probably a few of us who could come up a little early and help set things up. Whatever it takes.
Let us know...and take care of yourself.
What Bob said +1

What Bob said +1

Yes, especially if (but I doubt it) Babyshoe pass is opened up. More depressing news:

The huckleberry crop is not looking too good this year. I checked my most reliable area and they were still bright green. That area is normally overripe and no good by now. The commercial pickers are camping out like vultures, waiting to swarp the patches. I'll check out the super secret, need camo to keep it that way, bushwack to patch this weekend. More bad news: The used dog is a berry eater.

Back