Pamela Anderson

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
edisto

edisto

Spelling/Reality Check
I finally sold enough of my Hummel figurines on eBay to afford a jug upgrade (bigger is better) on my Husky 61. The 272 P&C are on the way (and the intake parts I'll need)!

I was going to port the cylinder before putting it on, but after some thinking (not my strong suit), it seems to make more sense to just clean it up, install it, let the rings seat, and then do the porting. That way I can separate the improvements from the upgrade from any gains (or losses!) I might get out of the porting job.

I don't want to turn this into another "breaking in" thread...I have my plan and I'm sticking to it, but are there any downsides to doing it this way (running it before porting it)?

There still are a couple of things I need to get from Bailey's to finish the job, and that's going to have to wait on my tax return to come in because it is going to be a big order. BUT, I will keep track of my progress, and document everything with pictures, because there seems to be a lot of interest in the 61 to 272 conversion.

Thanks to everyone for all the good info on the conversion that already has been posted.

Last edited:
Cantdog
61 to 272

That sounds great. The more information the better!! I am turning a 61 that had a bad P&C (some bonehead put the piston in the wrong way!!!) into a 268. Unfortunately it is a non XP 268 cyl. but is in real good shape. I think I will open the exhaust port up a little and just smooth out the intake and match the manifold and cyl ports. I had wanted to go the 52MM 272 route but the 50MM 268 C&P & manifold/bolts etc.came along at the right price (Thanks again Fish) so that is what I'll try first. If that works OK then maybe later when funds become available I 'll try the 272 setup. Anyway keep us posted I am always interested in other peoples projects.

woodbooga

woodbooga

cords of mystic memory
So, Edisto, have we officially hijacked your thread with spam? You asked for it with a title like that!:greenchainsaw:

I'm still having a hard time understanding the transition from collecting Hummels to chainsaws. :confused:

That is, unless he inherited them from a maiden aunt or bought them at yard sales with the idea of selling on ebay.

woodbooga

woodbooga

cords of mystic memory
I'd be more worried about the fact that you knew what a Hummel was!

:laugh: Got me on that one.

Once was a time I was in the junk biz and used to sell a few collectibles here and there. Old medicine bottles. Militaria. Art glass.whatever.

In the case of hummels, I'd buy and sell them. If something can easily be converted from junk to little green pieces of paper with dead presidents on them, I'd deal in it. No matter how tacky. :)

However, I'd be in absolute awe if this is what you meant by hummel.

hummel-11.jpg

Last edited:
edisto

edisto

Spelling/Reality Check
:laugh: Got me on that one.

Once was a time I was in the junk biz and used to sell a few collectibles here and there. Old medicine bottles. Militaria. Art glass.whatever.

In the case of hummels, I'd buy and sell them. If something can easily be converted from junk to little green pieces of paper with dead presidents on them, I'd deal in it. No matter how tacky. :)

I'd heard the name at auctions and thought I'd use it. Some sort of porcelain figurines I think.

Always keep them guessing.

Latest posts