Partner 5000 plus

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natman

Reaction score
I have a partner 5000 plus, looking for more information on this saw. I just purchased it and the seller just called me to tell me that he’s being harassed by ppl disappointed that it sold. What’s the deal with this saw and why is there such interest in it?

Run it. If your example is a proper-running machine that will tell you why.

I have two of the red cast-offs. They aren’t going anywhere.

The 5000+ is the correct colour for that saw.

Those a great saws stock, and when ported are likely the strongest 50cc saw. Folks who know what they are are the disappointed ones. I have one in the other yellow color and it ain't going anywhere soon.

I’m attracted to partners mainly because there Swedish made too. I have a few toaster 50cc saws. I need to fire one up. I’m iso the best 50cc saw. Port it ? Hmmmmmm? Is there gaskets available?

Any 3-cube race around me is probly more than half populated by partner 5000 cylinders on husky 50 chassis. Very zippy in stock form and a lot of gains to be had by getting rid of patheticaly small carbs/muffler outlets as said above. As for the rest of the saw, theyre a pain in my opinion, but they nailed it on the cylinder

Heated handle versions I had. I ran these for awhile, work with and raced. Good saws before their time.

Tested bunch of new and old saws once all with full 3/8 chain. They all cut right together stock for stock. 5000+ NE346 5100 etc.

Like said recoils can become weak. Also top right av rubber gets weak.

I have a pic of a pulley coming out the side of a cover once in a practice run a friend was doing on one for racing.

j490p5000heated.JPG p5000nos.JPG p5000h.JPG p5005000.jpgCopy_of_pipedsaws_001.jpg

For that very reason it pays to have a stash/hoard of spares on hand if one plans on running or keeping a few of the 500/5000 saws around.

Yep I traded the last of my stash when all the saws were sold off. NOS and used.

Think I still have the crankcase and 1 used cylinder left today.

p5000partss.JPG p5000parts.JPG

The Partner recoil cover has 3 retaining bolts; the jonsered has 4. That makes a little difference.

I had a partner cover blow apart on a pull-back. Old, brittle plastic. The Jonsered one I replaced it with is better. 4 bolts and fresher plastic. And now that saw is red again :chainsaw:

But yes, the recoil is a weak point, as well as parts of the AV.

But the characteristics of the motor, the balance, and overall handling are exemplary.

On another note, one of my 590’s has the wrap around handle (the ‘87) and the other does not (the ‘86). They are both original.

I have two of them only because I want to always have one..

Latest posts

Back