Partner 5000 plus

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are great saws. I did fairly extensive research into this family and their red cousins......the 5000'5000 plus variants are the same as the Jonserds 490. Wicked nice closed port saws at 49cc. The 500 is very similar but came with an open port P&C...so a nice saw but not as much whack as the 5000 series. I have a couple 490s and love them....way good 44mm runners and actually you can get aftermarket pistons kits for them from VEC. Now a while ago a fella gave me a 45mm 590 Jonsered.....:clap::cheers:...now that is 45mm and 51cc and is a real screamer in full stock condition in this same format....I've run it a lot as well as my 490s....it is way advanced compared to the 5000/490 versions...but they are all good saws...

I receive the toaster partner saws I open the box inspect them and in my stash they go. I have a p85 I heard run in the video the points need cleaning. It seems to be all little fixes so far.

Back