Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok.... What do you need...? I would be interested. Sounds like a great project. Send me some pics of the ol bugger.

Yeah I might be, if your not in a hurry to move it. Kinda blew my wad here lately. Maybe in a month....

I offered to Mark first so, he gets first stab at it, not in a hurry, I have no idea on the value. It ran when I got it and in pretty nice shape. I haven't started it in probably a year.

I offered to Mark first so, he gets first stab at it, not in a hurry, I have no idea on the value. It ran when I got it and in pretty nice shape. I haven't started it in probably a year.

Like you, i have no idea either, have seen a couple on ebay but dont remember much what they brought. Nothing like a SP125 would though I know that. :msp_smile:

Shipping from Cunikistan would hinder the deal.

If willis78 is really interested in it, go ahead and see what kinda deal you guys can make, if it dont work out, we can revisit it later.

:givebeer:

Like you, i have no idea either, have seen a couple on ebay but dont remember much what they brought. Nothing like a SP125 would though I know that. :msp_smile:

Shipping from Cunikistan would hinder the deal.

If willis78 is really interested in it, go ahead and see what kinda deal you guys can make, if it dont work out, we can revisit it later.

:givebeer:

Ok no worries. I don't expect its worth much. Besides being a cool old saw. Yes the shipping would likely be close to $50. Maybe it'll just stay looking cool hanging in my shop.

Jeff, I asked the 44mm question, thinking you may actually have the 46mm 325 top end.
If your using the 246 piston, it's 44mm for sure.
If you want one of those new plates, pm me or email me your address, I'll give you one. If it was me, I'd use the plate over stacking gaskets... that can be an air leak waiting to happen.

Ed,
Do you still have one of the 325 plates to sell I been thinking I should change that situition around from stacked gaskets to the plate you speak of. If so you do tell me and i will pm you with my address.Thanks Jeff

I got a visit from the brown truck of joy yesterday. On it was a Partner 7000. It had a broken rope and was missing the pull handle. A quick trip over to the Dolmar dealer, 4.50 dollars later, a lil' cleaning and I've got a sweet runnin' 70cc saw. This thing has arm breaking compression. I'll post up some pictures later. Would it be too wrong to mod the muffler on this saw? I like 'em fast and loud.
He's also got a basket case P85 out in the yard with a bad piston. Maybe a bad jug as well. I found a piston on line, but no cylinder. What do you folks think...... pass on it or a good project? Price will be about 30 bucks. Otherwise it looks perfect.

I got a visit from the brown truck of joy yesterday. On it was a Partner 7000. It had a broken rope and was missing the pull handle. A quick trip over to the Dolmar dealer, 4.50 dollars later, a lil' cleaning and I've got a sweet runnin' 70cc saw. This thing has arm breaking compression. I'll post up some pictures later. Would it be too wrong to mod the muffler on this saw? I like 'em fast and loud.
He's also got a basket case P85 out in the yard with a bad piston. Maybe a bad jug as well. I found a piston on line, but no cylinder. What do you folks think...... pass on it or a good project? Price will be about 30 bucks. Otherwise it looks perfect.

I think you'll find that the muffler isn't choked up on that old saw like a new one would be. A P 85 for $30 sounds like a hell of a deal to me. I'd jump on it.

I am with Chris, grab that P85. I had an R30 (earlier version of the P85) and it was a beast. I don't know how many starter ropes that machine broke. The decomp was just there for looks.:laugh:
And nice score on the 7000.

1478-2_zpse3481101.jpg

Al.

Picked up a couple of saws this week. My mickey mouse camera doesn't take very good pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You can't really see very well, but that is almost 200 psi on the 5000.:msp_smile: The 500 in the background is cosmetically quite rough, but it's going to be a runner with a little fuel system work. The guy told me the chain brake screwed up and he shelved it.

The 5000+ just needs a couple of A/V mounts fixed. Runs good.:rock:

Picked up a couple of saws this week. My mickey mouse camera doesn't take very good pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You can't really see very well, but that is almost 200 psi on the 5000.:msp_smile: The 500 in the background is cosmetically quite rough, but it's going to be a runner with a little fuel system work. The guy told me the chain brake screwed up and he shelved it.

The 5000+ just needs a couple of A/V mounts fixed. Runs good.:rock:

I'm loving the 5K+/590/325 more and more!!!

I have a near-new 5000+ with 188psi.

I'm loving the 5K+/590/325 more and more!!!

I have a near-new 5000+ with 188psi.

These saws have a lot of freaking compression. I have a 5000 that I have used a lot, and it was used hard before I got it, and the last time I checked it, it was still over 170 psi. Crazy.

Latest posts

Back