Partners Pictures and Firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
DSCF0105.JPG DSCF0106.JPG DSCF0107.JPG DSCF0108.JPG DSCF0109.JPG Hi all I haven't posted in a while and thought that maybe I should just to keep in practice . I have been waiting all spring for the snow to go so I could start to saw up the firewood pile. I cut the wood this winter before we got slammed with all the snow, at one point we had 4.5 ' at this pile . I thought it would never go away !
So I am fat and get almost zero exercise, there got that admission out of the way. I have been looking forward to starting on the fire wood ,..I know sucker for punishment I guess.

We are going to buy a new wood stove this fall we have been using the same Old Mill since 1987 still going strong too. I mainly wanted a new stove that took shorter wood and had long burn times. The Old Mill burns 2' the new stove will burn 16" stuff. Man 16" wood looks like crumbs compared to the 2' I have been using, So I will be buying a Blaze King this fall.

I took a few photos of my woods operation at least the sawing up side of things. I thought I would share a few. I took 3 saws with me a 500, A 5000 plus and an old P-70 that I have been all through including Paint and decals. The old P-70 is quite a saw she don't turn up as high as the 5000 or the 500 but man what a nice rig. Just lay it on the log and pull the trigger it melts through the wood no pressure needed. The 70 sawed up 2/3 of a cord of wood on one tank of fuel. I had to finish up the first load with the 500 I put a piston and ring in that one this winter a pure joy to run.

Well here are the pictures the first load is Red Maple mostly, the second load is Black Cherry and Yellow Birch. Each load is a solid 1/3 cord 3 loads equal a fraction over 1 cord. The Brittney is Ranger and he loves riding on our Polaris Ranger too!

Nice equipment you've got there!

I got a P-70 as part of a trade a while back. It's supposed to run, but haven't had time to even try it out. Mine came with a 16" bar. What size bar are you running?
image.jpg

Thanks for all the likes! I don't have a 2016 fire breathing chainsaw to show ya tho ,..don't need one I guess, I got a few oldies that work pretty well. Just thought I would show how I do things not too exciting probably but it is what it is. I have another wood pile about 3/4 of a mile further into the woods too. It is about 1/4 the size of this one I guess. I was trying to widen an old woods road and the twitch would have been too far to bring the wood tree length back to the field. I was just getting going out there when we got two 16" snow storms back to back. I had to give up on that project maybe this winter.After I get this done and the roads dry out I will go get the rest. I am hoping to end up with about 7 cord ,I think I will have that in the field pile but I do have more if I need it.

Yea it seems to, I cut that cedar to feed the deer this winter so it was just laying there. Don't have your rig backed up to your shop when you cut your slots though,... unless you need 2.5 gadillion wood chips in and around your work bench ! I am all set for the summer I think ,...on the wood chips I mean.

Latest posts

Back