Parts saw. Did I get hosed???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know how y'all love pictures, but not one comment on how nice this saw really is? I got to get someone else to write my material. Evidently I suck at presentation. :dunno:

View attachment 279899View attachment 279900View attachment 279901View attachment 279902View attachment 279909

Your pics did not show up in the above post. It is hard to just get on here and hit a home run, especially after the rough start of this thread, good news is it will get better, keep it up. Nice saw, not a husky fan but I do like the 61.

It aint your presentation, its your avatar .......... its just too dang small !!!!!

Your pics did not show up in the above post. It is hard to just get on here and hit a home run, especially after the rough start of this thread, good news is it will get better, keep it up. Nice saw, not a husky fan but I do like the 61.

I smell what you're stepping in. Guess I tried too hard to get this thing rolling. Dry humor and all...I know I have it at times.
Thanks Jim. I swear, if I ever start picking up other saw brands(ie. Homelite), this will get out of hand in a hurry. I have a line on a sweet aqua colored Super XL, just fighting the urge to go get it :bang:

Moparmyway, try Hillary Fisher. Careful, some NSFW ;)

That thing is seriously clean. Doesn't seem like it was used much. Nice saw.

Nice try at the humor part of it. LOL.

That thing is seriously clean. Doesn't seem like it was used much. Nice saw.

Nice try at the humor part of it. LOL.

Thanks. Yes it is. It was full of saw chips and bar oil when I got it. It didn't look anything like this. But it was just a blow of wipe down sorta clean up. Cylinder never had enough heat in it to stain the casting. :rock:

I need to work on my delivery a bit....:hmm3grin2orange:

Success!!!

Success!! Got around to working on the saw again yesterday and found what the problem was with it. I picked this saw up from a guy that had just picked up 40-50 parts saws from a local shop and this was one of them. The shop owner prolly didn't even look at it because of the age, and put it in the pile with all the other parts saws. He took a sharpie and wrote "for parts" on the handle and never looked at it again.
When I got it, the first thing I looked at was the tank. Yup, there was still fuel in the tank, at least it was fresh fuel. And the oil tank was still full of oil. :msp_rolleyes:
Drained the gas, and noticed a good bit of black flaky mess coming out of the tank. The stuff would smear on the plastic tank when you tried wiping it out. That's what led me to pull the carb to check for that black goo inside the carb. Turned out it was spotless. I reckon that black goo was coming off the fuel line.
Since the carb was off, I pulled the muffler off to check the p/c and that led to a good cleaning on the saw.

Once I got it all back together, I tried blowing through the fuel line and it was blocked completely. So I pulled the fuel line off and found the blockage with an ejector pin that I used to clear it out. I finally worked this piece of plastic sleeve out of the line. It was rolled up like a booger by the time I got it out. Never saw anything in any other fuel line like this before :confused:. Had to be some form of liner at the tank junction.

Once I put it back together the saw fired up and idles like a champ on the third pull. After It warmed up a bit I ended up tuning the H mixture screw a bit. the saw was set pretty rich, but that's a good thing in this case. Thing runs like a new saw. :rock:
I'm happy. :msp_w00t:

View attachment 280119View attachment 280120View attachment 280121

Latest posts

Back