Parts saw rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So I pick up a couple of Shindaiwa parts saws on the cheap from eBay. Once they arrived I couldn't resist the temptation to make one run. I noticed the spark plug wire wasn't making a good connection with the coil that slips over the spark plug. I fixed this and the saw would cough with some fuel in the carb.
Put on a muffler, cleaned the fuel tank, new fuel line/filter, cleaned carb in the ultrasonic, put in a new carb kit. Once I realized I forgot to reattach the impulse line the saw fires up and seems to run fine. The piston has some scoring so i don't know what she will do in some wood.
Just what I needed, another 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you on the parts saws. I had to quit buying them because they were getting too expensive. Apparently I am incapable of having something broken and laying around. Nothing like dumping $200 into a $20 parts saw to end up with a running saw worth $100:msp_rolleyes::msp_rolleyes:

Nothing to add here other than this: I wish I knew why Shinny didn't make it bigger. Every one of them I put my hands on impresses me more. I have already sold my Stihl edger, which was replaced by a Shindaiwa. The dealer has a pole saw there that has been in the "customer never picked up" area for several months. I already have a spot on my wall cleared off for it..... Their parts can be interesting though. Sometimes I am surprised at how cheap things are, and sometimes I am shocked by how expensive. I looked up a trimmer muffler the other day that was $108 (!!!) Also wish they would use normal carbs on the trimmers, but the ones they use seem to work well if you can find kits for them.

OK, derail off. I keep looking for Shindaiwa saws to pop on CL, but they never do around here. The occasional one that does is always little, and I have scads of good little saws already.

Back