Peltor Bluetooth headset

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norwayclimber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if any of you have tried using this headset in combination with treework? A little feedback would be highly apreciated.

I know the bluethooth distance is only 50 ft, so when I need communication to the ground crew I can just use it in combination with a cellphone.

I was wondering more of how good it works up with a cellphone in noisy environments. Will I be able to talk to customers on the phone while a chainsaw or chipper is running not to far away? And will the customer be able to hear what I say?

With my radio set, you need to walk away from the chipper still.

THe boom mic is OK in the relative quiet.

I cannot use the VOX setting or the chainsaw will have it on at all times.

For my purposes the FRS (Family Radio System) Walkie Talkie compatible headset works fine for general communications.

I worked on a crane job with a new crew and the foreman did not know enough to keep an eye on me, so with his muffs and the chipper it was not worth him having the walkie talkie.

It also has a mic on each ear so you have stereo voice pickup, and can hear where someone is talking form rather well.

Cannot comment of the Bluetooh model, but I recently purchased two Procomm models. They are fantastic. It is great having instant communication with my ground guy. The only issue has been that on hot muggy days, the moisture (sweat) has interfered with the unit. (My VOX was permanently open). Let them air out at lunch in the sun after drying it with a towel and they worked fine.

Liked the system so much I've purchased two more pairs (for the big jobs when I have more ground workers). You cannot beat the safety aspects of these headsets.

Bought mine on ebay for $100 a set.

Latest posts

Back