Pennsylvania GTG MAY 3rd 2014!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Showrguy I'm terribly sorry read to about your fil. Please know you and your wife and family are in my prayers.

Sorry to hear that Chuck my condolences and prayers go out to you and your family. On the better note, that damn ice and snow best be gone by may lol

As for the mill, I was thinking chainsaw... But band mills are always cool. My neighbor saws my lumber with one. I have a 24-28" spalted maple log I'd like to dice up.

Redfin, You are very close with Tyrone, Ever hear of a place called Sinking Valley? With a name like redfin, I should have known. Popular local baitfish. Bet your fishing them in the little Juniata River.

i went to the Altoona water authority today hoping to pull a cutting permit for the watershed ground going up the horeshoe rd. unfortunately she said the only ground open right now for cutting is on the kettle.

Thought i would pass this info along to you as this is your backyard.

Where and when is this thing going on. I'm game except for reading through 20 pages of blather to find out.

I would like very much if someone has the knowledge to bring a saw setup with a degree wheel to explain to me about port timing.

I don't ever forsee myself getting into porting for cash but I would like to understand the basics more than I do now.

I would like very much if someone has the knowledge to bring a saw setup with a degree wheel to explain to me about port timing.

I don't ever forsee myself getting into porting for cash but I would like to understand the basics more than I do now.

+1 not all fun and games, id like to learn, well I guess that can be fun too! :clap:

i went to the Altoona water authority today hoping to pull a cutting permit for the watershed ground going up the horeshoe rd. unfortunately she said the only ground open right now for cutting is on the kettle.

Thought i would pass this info along to you as this is your backyard.
Thanks Redfin, I will have to check that out. Cut some firewood at the Reservoir by permit a few years ago, but those permits ended. Not sure where it would be, but will find out.

farmer steve i was just at the sale today and got a nice load for a buddy. i also get all my stihl parts and inventory from cedar grove. thier a good group of guys to work with and they know their stuff about stihl saws. i just bought a new 660 about a month ago. traded my old 660 in on a new one. they said its the last 660 they will sell. going to the new stock now.

Latest posts

Back