Petzl helmet ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just ordered the earphone / face mask combo for my Petzl helmet. What are your opinions on it?

pants

may as well not even be wearing the earphones, they just dont sit snug to your head, visors fine though

I think it might depend on how high you have the helmet suspension set. If there is enough room between your ears and the helmet rim, you will be able to fit the muffs onto your ears just fine. Some people might not be able to adjust the suspension enough to fit the muffs to their head dimensions (if your ears are high on the side of your head) while others may not need to adjust it at all (if your ears are low on your head). I had to raise the helmet (shorten the suspension straps slightly) to get a good fit, but now it works well for me.

pants

it means rubbish, its a brittish thang.....pants as in underwear not trousers.....

jamie

pants

dads saggy pants is anextension used when i was at college.......i'll let you guess the meaning

jamie

I ordered the visor and muffs from Sherrill with my helment, but didnt keep them on.

I found the visor too small and the muffs were harder to use, IMO, than the plugs i had in my pocket.

I threw them away last week with the rest of my trash. I wear superbs glasses, and the plugs, the visor offered a false sense of security as it was too small to prevent much debris.

I wouldnt get them, but thats just me.

perhaps off topic and ...

I've a Petzl helmet and am tired of my protective glasses getting steamed up to the point I discard them.

Anyone ever use those screened 'glasses'. to keep stuff out of your eyes?

Jack

I'm confused what is the connection with the glasses and zubat? I have a problem with sweating so much it drips down on my glasses then I am constantly wipeing them off. Anyone have a cure for this? I thought of getting a gland removed so I dont sweat as much. I sweat unlike a pig.

BigJohn, I have the same problem. I found that using disposable sweatband help quit a bit in stoping sweat form your forhead form dripping onto your sfety glasses. For the real hot & humid days carry a couple extra in your ditty bag or pocket.;)

Originally posted by jkrueger
So, ... the question is how about those 'screen lens' gogles/glasses?

Jack

I've never seen anyone use them, but I bet they are the bee's knees. I wish I could try em out, but I have to wear prescription lenses. My advice would be to get em!

jkrueger--The screened eye pro (Buggz is the brand I know of) works very well at keeping chips out of your eyes, and is good at keeping you from getting poked by sticks and needles. The down side is that fine wood dust is not kept out, so you still sometimes get stuff in your eye. They are free from fogging, and you can see though them fine, a bit like a light tinted lens. Not compatible with perscription glasses.

the other down side you forgot to mention is they make you look like a nob

I use the Bugz, they are good, just allow some fine stuff thru, as Burnham said. My favorite glasses are a UVEX model thaT I've only found at Madsen's. They have a foam brow guard, helps catch the sweat.

I'll take a pic of them and post it....

Latest posts

Back