Petzl Microcender

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cool Mike. I do understand what you meant by length, wraps and crossings. I re rigged the flipline kinda fast to take the pics, must have wrapped it wrong. As far as the length goes, i have a big 'ol pile of "wrong lenght" eye & eye prussic cords that i made before i got it right. I trust the splices more than a knot and like the clean lines. I climb with the same 3 & 3 V.T. (if that is the right name) as on my flipline but with the Petzl Micropulley.

;)

Tim wrote:

"i have a big 'ol pile of "wrong lenght" eye & eye prussic cords that i made before i got it right. "

I gues if your prussic ain't working perfectly, the pile just got bigger! Hehe.

On you climbing line prussic, do you have one side of the prussic cord spliced to the becket of the micro pulley, for a more compact, efficient, one piece unit?

Nope. Most of the time i leave it on the climb line with a delta link. I take it off to switch between 60', 120' and 150' climbing lines. Don't think i would trust the narrow sides of the pulley. might cause a failure.

i make my own lanyards for laying in the microscender. on the standing end i put a back splice (3strand) .

Riding before the backsplice i put the sealed end of a light snap, that lets the line run freely threw it, but stops at the backsplice. The line spins freely in the ring, it has a swivel, then a snap hook that i attatch to nonessential connection point to belt, so it allows line to adjust, spin, extend, yet all 12' of lanyard can be coiled without dragging in my feets.

Quite a trick, seeing as my legs are barely long enough to touch the ground when i'm standing according to JP.

LOL, sometimes i wish my legs were a bit shorter.

I make my fliplines out of 7/16 static and put an eye splice ( figure that one out ) in each end. the second eye stops it from running all the way thru the cender, it also alows me to clip it to my saddle so it stays out of the way and sort of backs up the cender.

Mike, sorry about the posts. I had the wrong impression after your first post. It is clear to me that you are a seasoned climber. ;)

Latest posts

Back