Pferd or Stihl files?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeanBrown3D

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello all,

I picked up some of the blue Pferd "premium" files the other day and, maybe its just my imagination, but they dont seem to do as well as the stihls. Just wanted to see if anyone here had an opinion on these? Under a mag glass, their profile is completely different and does not have the stihl double layers (for want of a better word).

-Dean

I agree. We bought some of those...about 20 dozen!!...when Baileys had the sale on them a few months back. We hate them!
Total files arew the best on the market.

My Stihl dealer....he only stocks Total round files. The flat files are Stihl though. Go figure huh?

I hate the pferd files as well, The actual cutters are way too fine they get clogged and dull super quick! I can get an oregon file to out last a pferd file by 7-8 times longer. so yeah they suck. Never used a Total or a stihl file so can't compare the three. I like files that don't clog and keep their sharpness! I wonder how stihl and total files compare to oregon files???

I bought 2 dozen pferd's recently and don't care for them at all. Like others have already said, they are too fine. I prefer the Oregon files myself.

Tom

Latest posts

Back