photo bucket strikes.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Got a message PB will no longer host pics unless you sign up for their premium $399 a year plan. Looking for a new host. "All about pocket knives" only uses a link from your PC now for that reason, Joe.

Lot of guys I know are switching to flicker. I already have a shutter fly account, they recently changed it and I haven't gotten it figured out yet.

Shutterfly hosted picture.
enhance

I also have a postimage.org account. It is on the new side.
My 2017 squash raised bed with over achiever butternut plant.

I use picture trail also but storage is pretty limited there.
My 1985 Buick Limited Collectors edition.

413417388.jpg

There are a lot of places to store your pictures other than Photo bucket which I have a account at too.

A flicker posted picture. One of Kare's lilies.

[im]https://www.flickr.com/photos/149893080@N05/35608444176/in/dateposted-public/[/img]

:D Al

I have a photo bucket account that has probably a few dozen photos, mostly of outboard motor repair which I was into in the past.

I'd bet they will loose 95 percent of their members over this, $400 a year is robbery for that service.

I'll scream if I see that placeholder "image not available" kitten again!

It is very difficult to comprehend the foundation of this new marketing plan by Photo Bucket. I was just lucky to have chosen Google Photo storage (the name and interface has changed probably half a dozen times) when I first started sharing my photo's with friends, family, in my blog, and on forums. Since I have no insight into any of these photo service strategic plans, I cannot make a recommendation (they might be planning some poorly designed change to their marketing too). I would be seriously distressed if I had my hundreds of pictures made inaccessible by market fiat.

Isn't what Photo Bucket just did akin to the recent ransomeware attacks?

For now, I share:

nYkZbf3UjSmkImDNmSG5U-oBvadpEw-UpyeHFNyRMAFf6sD9sUbmLne9OBCR69QA7cvOo5opHXKT4a7QRptvlwIi2aky0YNPeXfzLMPRySDUJ0XfnMndeTOiHGCjrpZoUgAPhSrmPcXZG1k_cisXbf9ubIEzPW4DMxiTCwLUaqQwcWXb6bHatZxP94TN1AMmFBuwWRI9GcWyiUjCmUkqkyORlpLXvU6RpFOEDkCR3YtEYnsN9n4xQ1nYFc9wsTdUCvT6-7764LJD4gq2WyOqctut02E_DMf7zhMLYetyZtOFrDL_A38K4200slOh0fVtykJAOXAzo6gBlZb_YS9alOqxwY_rR5-LD_sDOkpvv6IbELUH5SCXTUajZB9gc3F5f6ATQG6sVelmfCUxoHlutxmVuNsO-YQDqNZYS_N_RNaDzelx-pVzaLwS4ml-e3TUaHt4Nj9yFLdyQc1vbc3Qku-uvvdcbpuAKiRCnYCdM1PsJpPOPlpcBtiNtNH5MkIVPF-FtjlbkGSxlvZLqIOWfxv8IrYIFD1qbCqtt0rvFEKFa72-5ePCOHOixVKCKMUWTSp8tGXy1bNK7apsYE7MR8aSJeuVQXRPIkOJiYkljzcm99w=w1164-h873-no

I just moved all of my pictures over to TinyPic and closed out my photobucket account. The small inconvenience of loading the same picture to more than one forum is no way worth what Photobucket thinks it is. If this becomes a trend among photo host sites I guess I will just do the multiple uploads to the respective "gallery" for each forum where I use a picture.

I noticed that but they seem to have a different business plan right now.
Probably to sell the company at a multiple of earnings based on how many people stay on after the billing starts.

I can see corporations and businesses staying on but I can imagine 99.99 percent of hobbyists will jettison.

Gordon-did you get a different profile? I seem to remember seeing your face here more than 5 posts.

I have been here quite some time but not posted recently. There may be some kind of timer limit between posts where it rolls back your post count. I think my total was well over 1000 because I used to post a lot in the Homeowner Helper section. Maybe they had to do something when all of my pictures in the threads blew up.

Wait a minute, I was always here as Oldman47. I have no idea where they found my real name. I need to go back and sign in right if I can.

I have been here quite some time but not posted recently. There may be some kind of timer limit between posts where it rolls back your post count. I think my total was well over 1000 because I used to post a lot in the Homeowner Helper section. Maybe they had to do something when all of my pictures in the threads blew up.

Wait a minute, I was always here as Oldman47. I have no idea where they found my real name. I need to go back and sign in right if I can.
I couldn't remember your handle but knew you had been around.

Back