Pic of the year 2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike Cantolina

Mike Cantolina

Addicted to ArboristSite
I don't take many stills anymore, 2 of these are video stills.

Screenshot-FILE0003MOV-1.png

Screenshot-FILE0002MOV-3.png

DSC08152rot.jpg

Reg

ArboristSite Operative
Reg,

Is the bark removed to look for nails or just to keep the saw chain sharp from dirt,sand , etc?

The bark at the bottom of those Douglas fir can be several inches thick at times, Mike. For accuracy, it definitely pays to be able to be able to see where the bark finishes and the wood starts.

Pic of the same log there. Tall guy is Jared the faller, Nate to his left.

Second pic is at the end of another big tree around the corner. From left to right thats Scott, me, Jared and Nate.

361021-DSC02526.JPG 361021-DSC02529.JPG

Last edited:
rtsims

rtsims

ArboristSite Operative
I hear ya Reg. We often shave the bark off just for bar length purposes. Its a dusty, splintery process, but well worth it.

The bark at the bottom of those Douglas fir can be several inches thick at times, Mike. For accuracy, it definitely pays to be able to be able to see where the bark finishes and the wood starts.

Pic of the same log there. Tall guy is Jared the faller, Nate to his left.

Second pic is at the end of another big tree around the corner. From left to right thats Scott, me, Jared and Nate.

View attachment 322932 View attachment 322933

Reg- After you drop that fairly large log, you then split it? That is hardcore.

Reg

ArboristSite Operative
Reg- After you drop that fairly large log, you then split it? That is hardcore.

That was a different log where we're sat down. The HO hired a splitter.....we just had to buck it. Still an 8:30 finish for us. Without question the most underbid job Ive seen this year. One of those 'favors', you know....that seemingly never get returned.

Latest posts