Picked these up today - McCulloch SP125's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CM76

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi,

After getting that other load in the other day, I went for a drive over the Blue Mountains in NSW and picked up these two SP125C saws. The complete saw is in decent shape although filthy. Apparently it was running several years ago, when it was shelved in favour of a smaller saw. She will undergo a full overhaul and parts replacement program in the future.

The parts saw is interesting in itself - in that it is fitted with the factory half wrap handle offered on these saws as an option. I have seen a few pictures of the 125's with these handles, but it is the first one I have come across during my hunt for these models. The unfortunate thing for this old girl is that it was previously owned by the State Correctional Services dept, who subsequently straight gassed it and scored the cylinder ( she is locked up ). I haven't pulled the muffler on the saw yet to verify the previous owners story, but will do so shortly to put any doubt to rest regarding the cylinder. It will make a good parts saw for my other rebuilds as most of the parts appear to be in good condition.

Regards,

Chris.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sp125

Nice finds. I'm kicking myself for not pouncing on one that showed up on CL.:bang: I keep watching just in case it comes back.

WOW Chris, Your on a roll.
Great finds.
The half wrap looks modded to me.
Do you think it is original.
Been awhile since i have seen one.

Lee

Looking at the IPL for the saw it looks ok. The lower part of the bar is not finished with a plug or a cap as per the parts list as well. This is the first one I have come across so I am uneducated on this one.

Here is a copy of the IPL showing the half wrap bar.

attachment.php

This is a copy of a pic I found amongst another thread (thanks to Mark H )showing another Mac with this type of setup:

attachment.php

Regards,

Chris.

Good haul, Chris!

I've been seriously jonesin for a SP125 here lately, thinkin' it's about time to add some yellow to the stable.

Send some of that good luck this way :)

Latest posts

Back