Picked Up The Echo 610EVL..........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGBORE577

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I saw the add for the 610EVL posted below on Wednesday about 10 minutes after it was posted, so I was told by the owner. I took a leap of faith and committed to it sight unseen after a brief conversation on the phone. I went to pick it up today, albeit 3 days later and couldn't have been more pleased. No exaggeration, it looks darn near brand spanking new and can't have many hours on it. It starts and purrs like a kitten and there is certainly a lot of truth about how smooth they are due to the twin cylinder set up. I figure it's not any power house but, I bought it as more of a collector because of the oddity factor. My buddy who is an Echo dealer donated a brand new bar of the correct vintage. I'll try and post some pictures at a later date.
The previous owner stated there was no shortage of interest in the saw besides myself. He said several tried to buy it out from under me either offering more money or by calling and pestering him incessantly, bombarding him with phone calls. However, he was a stand up guy and a man of his word. He took our original conversation and my word even though we had never met. I'm sure he must have been sorely tempted by the above asking price offers. I'm certainly glad I got the saw and also happy to know there are still people out there that can be taken for their word. This has been an all around great experience in many ways, I wish they all worked out this way. :clap:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=71421

I saw the add for the 610EVL posted below on Wednesday about 10 minutes after it was posted, so I was told by the owner. I took a leap of faith and committed to it sight unseen after a brief conversation on the phone. I went to pick it up today, albeit 3 days later and couldn't have been more pleased. No exaggeration, it looks darn near brand spanking new and can't have many hours on it. It starts and purrs like a kitten and there is certainly a lot of truth about how smooth they are due to the twin cylinder set up. I figure it's not any power house but, I bought it as more of a collector because of the oddity factor. My buddy who is an Echo dealer donated a brand new bar of the correct vintage. I'll try and post some pictures at a later date.
The previous owner stated there was no shortage of interest in the saw besides myself. He said several tried to buy it out from under me either offering more money or by calling and pestering him incessantly, bombarding him with phone calls. However, he was a stand up guy and a man of his word. He took our original conversation and my word even though we had never met. I'm sure he must have been sorely tempted by the above asking price offers. I'm certainly glad I got the saw and also happy to know there are still people out there that can be taken for their word. This has been an all around great experience in many ways, I wish they all worked out this way. :clap:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=71421

Ok now drop it off on my door step!!!..........:cheers: :cheers:

Ok now drop it off on my door step!!!..........:cheers: :cheers: .

If you wish, that's what friends are for!

Great find. Did you get a 27" bar from your buddy?...Bob

No, I got a 20" bar and I'm sure it will be perfect for what ever I decide to do with this saw. I didn't know they recommended a 27" for this model. While I don't know the saw well as of yet, I think that it's pulling a 27" bar, if through hard wood with a full comp chain, would be highly optimistic at best.

Cool! I was wondering if someone from here was going to go for it. Glad to hear it worked out for you. Craigslist is a crapshoot, sometimes it's good, if your willing to wade through the crap. :cheers:

Andy

I am glad to see someone on AS bought that saw. There are quite a few around locally but the owners do not want to part with them. I cannot blame them. I did agree to buy one once down in Arizona. After the gentleman received my money order he got a better offer and sent my money back. So be the way things go. Nice find and I am sure that was a nice drive. You could have stopped by along the way.

Bill

I am glad to see someone on AS bought that saw. There are quite a few around locally but the owners do not want to part with them. I cannot blame them. I did agree to buy one once down in Arizona. After the gentleman received my money order he got a better offer and sent my money back. So be the way things go. Nice find and I am sure that was a nice drive. You could have stopped by along the way.

Bill

Thanks Bill! However, it was only 20 miles away but, a nice drive anyway. Rest assured, if I ever get near your neck of the woods, I will look you up. I'd love to see some of your awesome collection, talk saws and what ever else the topic may be.
Jay

Thanks Bill! However, it was only 20 miles away but, a nice drive anyway. Rest assured, if I ever get near your neck of the woods, I will look you up. I'd love to see some of your awesome collection, talk saws and what ever else the topic may be.
Jay

Jay,

Well now I am completely confused (which happens a lot). I thought you were in west central IL. Where are you loacted?

Bill

North East corner, just off Lake Michigan and right below the Wisconsin border.

Well that is great as you are very close to Scott's show in Baraboo Wi or Steve's north of Milwaukee. I just dug out an old PM where you said you were 4hrs away. I guess maybe that is where I was confused as it is 4hrs exactly from dipping my toes in the Mississippi at Muscatine IA to Milwaukee WI. I gies it is that daen Cho town traffic. I left the Holiday Inn on Michigan Ave in downtown Chi town at 5Pm and it was almost 7PM before I made it to the burbs to get a Mall 2 man saw. No offense to anyone living there but I sure try to avoid anything around Chi town.

Now back off my rant.

Jay you need to attend the Baraboo WI show, or my show down in New Windsor IL. If you have some race saws then Steve's show north of Milwaukee also. He has stock saws too but I am not sure about vintage.

Bill

The previous owner stated there was no shortage of interest in the saw besides myself. He said several tried to buy it out from under me either offering more money or by calling and pestering him incessantly, bombarding him with phone calls. However, he was a stand up guy and a man of his word. He took our original conversation and my word even though we had never met. I'm sure he must have been sorely tempted by the above asking price offers. I'm certainly glad I got the saw and also happy to know there are still people out there that can be taken for their word. This has been an all around great experience in many ways, I wish they all worked out this way.

Great find Jay !

Also good to see that there are still some people around whose word is worth something. They become a rare breed however, especially when money is involved. :clap: :clap: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Well that is great as you are very close to Scott's show in Baraboo Wi or Steve's north of Milwaukee. I just dug out an old PM where you said you were 4hrs away. I guess maybe that is where I was confused as it is 4hrs exactly from dipping my toes in the Mississippi at Muscatine IA to Milwaukee WI. I gies it is that daen Cho town traffic. I left the Holiday Inn on Michigan Ave in downtown Chi town at 5Pm and it was almost 7PM before I made it to the burbs to get a Mall 2 man saw. No offense to anyone living there but I sure try to avoid anything around Chi town.

Now back off my rant.

Jay you need to attend the Baraboo WI show, or my show down in New Windsor IL. If you have some race saws then Steve's show north of Milwaukee also. He has stock saws too but I am not sure about vintage.

Bill

I'm not much into the race saw thing really. However, I have some nice stockers, some cream puff vintage saws and would appreciate attending either show just for the fun of it. Do you remember what suburb you picked up the Mall in? I have a buddy that has several along with some old Merc's. I can check and see what he still has available if you are interested. He does not hang on to them and just sells them off. He has more connections than the man upstairs and comes across them at a pretty consistent rate. Not sure how he does it but he always has something of interest. I know he travels all over heck and gone to equipment auctions, perhaps this is how he comes across so many.

Jay

The Baraboo show is a fun show. It is just running for fun. It is almost all vintage. What I take to New Windsor is all vintage. As for Steve's race I believe it involves all ages of saws. I will have to look and see what town I got the Mall in. I am always looking for more.

Bill

Jay

The Baraboo show is a fun show. It is just running for fun. It is almost all vintage. What I take to New Windsor is all vintage. As for Steve's race I believe it involves all ages of saws. I will have to look and see what town I got the Mall in. I am always looking for more.

Bill

Where is Steve's race at?? Washington Co. fair grounds??

Latest posts

Back