Pics from the day at work.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no drilling here. everything gets whacked in with hydraulic post pounder or man killer pounder. I guess thats why we can do a mile a day and you guys are measuring daily output in feet! Our biggest problem is getting stuck in alkali or sloughs. Around here everything is five wire barbed. But We have BIG areas to do; often full quarters or half sections all at once. Usually saws com into play for building braces and gates and that's about it if the fence goes through clear land. The treed land we have is horribly thick so when we have to fence in it we often just move the fence away from the tree line if possible! You can't even walk through most of it much less get the pounder in

no drilling here. everything gets whacked in with hydraulic post pounder or man killer pounder. I guess thats why we can do a mile a day and you guys are measuring daily output in feet! Our biggest problem is getting stuck in alkali or sloughs. Around here everything is five wire barbed. But We have BIG areas to do; often full quarters or half sections all at once. Usually saws com into play for building braces and gates and that's about it if the fence goes through clear land. The treed land we have is horribly thick so when we have to fence in it we often just move the fence away from the tree line if possible! You can't even walk through most of it much less get the pounder in

It is hard to drive them around here without it being pretty moist. We drill a 4" hole for a 5" post, 5 for 6 and so on. Tap em in with the front bucket of the skidder. Jump up and slam down on them.

We can do 2000ft a day with a 3man crew if we have some good straight runs. But we usually have rough stuff. Every turn is another set of braces. Takes forever to build when theres lots of turns.Then having to cut trees like today takes even longer.

Quote: Brisawyer
Where was that job? Land looks exactly like around here

I'm about 35 miles due east from you man. We do work in Bristol from time to time.

good pics of a great job--looks like some fencerows here--we get covered up with hackberry, elm, some eastern redcedar, and persimmons. Compared to a lot of places, I would say we have just great big bushes here, trees that spread out real wide not very far up. So--did you use wedges a lot to keep them off the existing fence? Rope and come-alongs? Or what mainly? sometimes it's hard for me to read the lean, and I have miscalculated before. I have a lot of fence on my parents' farm to do.

It is all I can handle in these hot summer days. We can bust out some good production in Spring and Fall though. Cooler weather is just around the corner. Can't hardly wait for it. I came home and mowed 5 acres of hay today after work :cheers:

The weather felt great yesterday. Low humidity and temps in the 80s.:clap: A nice break from the heat wave. I'm another waiting on cold weather!:cheers:

btw great pics, looks like fun.:D

Around here no one cuts down the trees when doing fence lines they just push them over with a bulldozer, into a pile then burn 'em. The farmers rather let the wood rot, or burn rather than turn it into firewood.

Around here no one cuts down the trees when doing fence lines they just push them over with a bulldozer, into a pile then burn 'em. The farmers rather let the wood rot, or burn rather than turn it into firewood.

That's how we do it.

It ain't somebodys front yard. Get a back hoe and start pullin if you're that hard up. Its a field.

exactly. the cost to bring a grinder for a pasture would be really really dumb.

Not to argue, but promoting a stump grinding business for a cattle pasture is kinda silly

Stump grinders are use for property clearing all the time. The price per stump is much lower than what you pay for a single stump in a yard. The reason for grinding is that you can spread the chips out and you're done. Pulling stumps with an excavator or pushing them with a cat leaves you having to burn or haul away the stumps. Like anything else you have to look at pros and cons and intended use of the area. Just don't be so fast to dismiss stump grinding on a large scale project.

Mr. HE:cool:

Haha, I can fix your rock problems... or stump problems... or... most problems that just need a good butt chewin' :jester:

39323_126590920719963_100001071680079_145608_939515_n.jpg

That's what I did at work a few days back...

Not many rocks tend to stop my 'saw' :chainsaw:

Stump grinders are use for property clearing all the time. The price per stump is much lower than what you pay for a single stump in a yard. The reason for grinding is that you can spread the chips out and you're done. Pulling stumps with an excavator or pushing them with a cat leaves you having to burn or haul away the stumps. Like anything else you have to look at pros and cons and intended use of the area. Just don't be so fast to dismiss stump grinding on a large scale project.

Mr. HE:cool:

Again. Its a pasture. Not a lot clearing. I see your point. Just not here.

Back