Pics of the wood pile to be split.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NUTNDUN

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics of the wood pile a fellow AS member USMC0802 and I have gathered in the last month. It is going to take us a while to get it all split.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

looks like you'll be busy but at least the weather is cool now.

I am getting ready to take some locust trees down at my cousins house.

looks like you'll be busy but at least the weather is cool now.

I am getting ready to take some locust trees down at my cousins house.

Yes the warmer weather made cutting wood not fun. I am anxious to get it split and stacked to see where we stand. Should have some more coming up before too long.

Sorry no pics of the noodling from where the wood was picked up but I promise we will take pics from the noodling before splitting. :chainsawguy:

It looks like one of your pieces could be carved into an "Ant-eater" pretty easily (Thats what came to mind when I saw it-Lol)

Other than that, that is a nice collection of Heat, Feet up on the coffee table Kickin back type Heat :) Enjoy....

Nice pile brother !!!! Hope you have a splitter!! Or a fiskars!!!LOL:clap:

Thanks,
I have a fiskars and it just bounces off of most of this stuff other then the oak. There is sweet gum and maple in there with a good bit of oak. I don't have a splitter but will be borrowing one from work that gets rented out :D

Gott'a give you a lot of credit. That's some big stuff to work with. Makes of a lot of wood. Nice Job!!

by my calculations ( and current beverage intake) that looks like about 3 hours and 6 beers work for my SSplit. :laugh::laugh:

good looking pile, hope it was dead standing. might not be dry intime otherwise unless there is lots of Cherry or Ash in there.

Is that an offer to come over and show us that it can be done in that time frame by the SS? I got the beer covered LOL

It was all live and is for next year. I am not ready to burn at our place. We are going to be getting an outside wood burner in the spring. USMC already has his wood for this year so his share will be for next year as well :cheers:

Is that an offer to come over and show us that it can be done in that time frame by the SS? I got the beer covered LOL

QUOTE]

"uuummm uuhhhh mmmmm ...now let me be clear..what I said was that mmmm uuhhhhh if I did drive the 3 hours it took to get to the pile...uuuuhhhh mmmmmm it would be 1.5 million jobs saved by my uuuuuhhhh jobs stimulus program eh !! "

( in my best obama voice )

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Nice pile! Glad to hear you have access to a splitter! lol. Should be a good amount there once you get it all worked up.

Wow, that pile is adding up. I see the ant eater piece. 5 trailer loads adds up in a hurry. I'm looking forward to seeing it split and neatly stacked drying for next year.

Very nice guys. You must have a wicked pile of noodles somewhere.:cheers:

Bump for updated pics after today's two trailer loads. And more after the subsequent loads next weekend.

If I get another load cut up one of these evenings this week, maybe we can grab a load before Sunday if you have time.

It will be a day or two till I can get some pics posted of the updated wood pile. It didn't get much bigger width wise but it got taller.

Back