Piece of history.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bret4207

Bret4207

ArboristSite Guru
Today I met a guy who has been a chainsaw mechanic and dealer for over 50 years. He went into business 4 months after I was born. He still has manuals for Malls, Disstons and Remingtons. Still has original dealer signs for them and others. Still has a few near new McCulloughs from the early 70's and some ancient Remingtons and Homeys and of course a mess of Huskys, Stihls, Echos. These days he deals in Dolmar and Poulon Pro. He even has a nice used Sachs 116si there that I'm going to go back and pick up. We had a good 2 hour chat and he directed me to some wholesalers to check out. Nice guy, a good day.

Bret4207

Bret4207

ArboristSite Guru
Pguy- He has a P40 in real nice shape there too. When I get back I'll have to see if he has any idea where I could find a P51 like I used to have!

Chris, I'm not putting his name out till I get my first pickin's done!:)

promac850

promac850

formerly promac610
Today I met a guy who has been a chainsaw mechanic and dealer for over 50 years. He went into business 4 months after I was born. He still has manuals for Malls, Disstons and Remingtons. Still has original dealer signs for them and others. Still has a few near new McCulloughs from the early 70's and some ancient Remingtons and Homeys and of course a mess of Huskys, Stihls, Echos. These days he deals in Dolmar and Poulon Pro. He even has a nice used Sachs 116si there that I'm going to go back and pick up. We had a good 2 hour chat and he directed me to some wholesalers to check out. Nice guy, a good day.

What Macs might those be? I'll have to start saving up for one of them. If he's got an SP125, I got first dibs. :)

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Pguy- He has a P40 in real nice shape there too. When I get back I'll have to see if he has any idea where I could find a P51 like I used to have!

Chris, I'm not putting his name out till I get my first pickin's done!:)

Always keep your eye open for any big P series saws, you know how to get ahold of me.
Pioneerguy600

Bret4207

Bret4207

ArboristSite Guru
Mac- he's got a PM800 and 700 (IIRC) and some newer stuff, I was looking for a 7-10 but all he had was a couple 10-10's. Nothing huge I'm afraid, or really old.

Pioneerguy- Yeah, I missed a P61 a couple years back just 10 miles from me. I'd like to have a 41, 51 and 61 plus an orange Farmsaw and Holiday II like my Dad had. I still think the two tone green Pioneers were right up there with the yellow and black Macs for good looks, maybe even a touch better looking.

promac850

promac850

formerly promac610
Mac- he's got a PM800 and 700 (IIRC) and some newer stuff, I was looking for a 7-10 but all he had was a couple 10-10's. Nothing huge I'm afraid, or really old.

Pioneerguy- Yeah, I missed a P61 a couple years back just 10 miles from me. I'd like to have a 41, 51 and 61 plus an orange Farmsaw and Holiday II like my Dad had. I still think the two tone green Pioneers were right up there with the yellow and black Macs for good looks, maybe even a touch better looking.

How much for the 800, and one of the 10-10's? Might be interested if the price is right. For example, emptying my wallet price.

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.

+1 on that!
Pioneerguy600

Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
Next time you see the fellow I'd appreciate it if you'd ask him if he has an NOS or good used piston, cylinder, and rings for a Remington SL-9. I can give you part #'s if you'd like...:D

I'd be interested in whatever old Homelites he has too. Also, a 57090 piston and a matching jug for a Homelite 900D woud make me do backflips...:cheers:

Last edited:

Latest posts