Piltz Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I guess the ass just fell out of the market for any saw bigger than 40cc's. You don't need one. Just buy a tiny saw and put a huge bar on it, same thing.

I don't believe this thread even exists.

Yes, it does strain the bounds of credulity, doesn't it???

I always wondered about people running 16" & 18" bars with full 3/8 on larger displacement saws. I'm used to little saws running the same length bars with narrower kerf chain.

So here we have a demonstration of the obvious reality that a narrower kerf chain takes less power to pull through the wood and people think it's a trick. I do think the manufacturers had it right in limiting those chains to shorter lengths though.

I always wondered about people running 16" & 18" bars with full 3/8 on larger displacement saws. I'm used to little saws running the same length bars with narrower kerf chain.

So here we have a demonstration of the obvious reality that a narrower kerf chain takes less power to pull through the wood and people think it's a trick. I do think the manufacturers had it right in limiting those chains to shorter lengths though.
lts not a new trick for guys who like to mill, l like 050 bars for the reason you have more chain options...l have run picco on a 32" bar quite successfully. Our wood is not kind to picco though...l run 404 on my 660 and standarn 3/8 on 50cc saws.

Bad thing about narrow kerf is that you have to sharpen them a lot. I use my 880 to buck my poles into rounds because it's running a .404 chain. I don't have to carry the 880 through the woods which would be a killer, but I can make 100-150 rounds before I have to touch up the chain with the file. I used a .325 chain with a buddy the other day and it was getting dull after a few cuts. And the little chain was harder to touch up in my opinion because the cutters were so little.

I'm pretty sure baileys online has a bar for my ms390 thats at 42" bigger ones available but not in stock. Just over kill and baileys is great they just list what's available for certain saws. I don't know if this fleabay Piltz guy is a member but willing to say a fraud and being a clown selling joke scheme saws. He must trick people and make a buck. I should buy ms390's and slap on 42" bars and make a quick cookie cutting video in soft pine and make up my own hotrod name for my saws. Piltz is a joke if anyone googles this.

I'm pretty sure baileys online has a bar for my ms390 thats at 42" bigger ones available but not in stock. Just over kill and baileys is great they just list what's available for certain saws. I don't know if this fleabay Piltz guy is a member but willing to say a fraud and being a clown selling joke scheme saws. He must trick people and make a buck. I should buy ms390's and slap on 42" bars and make a quick cookie cutting video in soft pine and make up my own hotrod name for my saws. Piltz is a joke if anyone googles this.

The guy on Fleabay doing the Piltz stuff has a dealer name of 'Kevlar gaffs" I think saws might be secondary to fishing & climbing kit

Do you know for a fact that he's a joke from personal experience? You must have purchased one of those kits to gain enough info to bash the guy like that? Or are you like one of those guys who happen upon a bar fight & gets a couple kicks in because it seems like the popular thing to do? I've read so many threads on here bashing this guys kit & even tried one, I usually just read posts but I'm commenting because I have a piltz rim drive, 3/8" .50 18" set up on my ms171 I'm not a professional logger but this little saw definitely flys as compared to the stock skinny sized 16" bar that it came with I just cut up a downed tree into 45+ logs no problem, I love it! Nobody likes a bully

Do you know for a fact that he's a joke from personal experience? You must have purchased one of those kits to gain enough info to bash the guy like that? Or are you like one of those guys who happen upon a bar fight & gets a couple kicks in because it seems like the popular thing to do? I've read so many threads on here bashing this guys kit & even tried one, I usually just read posts but I'm commenting because I have a piltz rim drive, 3/8" .50 18" set up on my ms171 I'm not a professional logger but this little saw definitely flys as compared to the stock skinny sized 16" bar that it came with I just cut up a downed tree into 45+ logs no problem, I love it! Nobody likes a bully
That's the first time I've heard flying and ms171 used in the same sentence.

If this is the picture you want to paint than Yeah sure I'm a bully to Piltz, Fabz and that tard that claims to be a veteran but isn't and can't get his story straight. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Your opinion is that I'm a bully and Piltz kits are awesome and a ms171 is a ripper. My opinion about you is that you know nothing about saws and wasted your money on the Piltz kit when you could have just simply ditched that dull safety chain and put a new Stihl pro chain on that saw. Also if we are bullies than people DO like bullies because look at the likes people get when they call out this Piltz guy on his BS. Your not going to win a Piltz hot saws are "rippers and fly" fight around here. Have a good day Sweetpea and welcome to the site.

Maybe you should try some chain from Fabz while you're at it!

But.... But.... But.... Fabz says his razor chains are....
fabulous-cat-meme.jpg

There are the laws of physics........
The Phitz guy posts things that violate them.

I've never met him or used his products. But doing the same thing and it not working makes me think if I bought them from him they wouldn't work either.

Laws of physics..........if ya want to try some different saws let me know.
You will be amazed.

Dude....i dont know mr kevlargaffs, im sure hes a nice guy. His ebay stuff, though, is (almost) universally known as ********. As said above, laws of physics cannot be denied, least of all by an ms171...as said in detroit, theres no replacement for displacement :numberone:

Back