Pimp my 346XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Lyngdal

John Lyngdal

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I've ordered an AM muffler and found a super deal on an OEM EL18B carburetor assembly for the 346OE with the choke, kill switch, and filter mount so I snagged it.
I'll order an EL42 carburetor and a 357/359 air filter mount after I get the saw up and running.
Thank you everyone for your input.

cuinrearview

cuinrearview

Red saw lover
I've ordered an AM muffler and found a super deal on an OEM EL18B carburetor assembly for the 346OE with the choke, kill switch, and filter mount so I snagged it.
I'll order an EL42 carburetor and a 357/359 air filter mount after I get the saw up and running.
I really like 199s, but in my experience they're unnecessary on a 346 unless you're opening up the jug. In fact, some throttle response will be lost.

John Lyngdal

John Lyngdal

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
John Lyngdal said:

I really like 199s, but in my experience they're unnecessary on a 346 unless you're opening up the jug. In fact, some throttle response will be lost.
After waiting for parts and other constraints on my time I finished squeezing in the EL42 in to my 346NE project saw. I should have followed the advise I was given.
My high jet is at the low stop and still running so rich than I can barely pull 12k at WOT. I know I could clip the low stop and lean it out further, but I have concerns about having it adjusted so close to its seat. When I have the opportunity I'll find the EL38 and install it.

Latest posts