Pimped anti-big-bar-sag device

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part II

When the bar is buried in the log past half way, the device can simply be flipped upwards so that it clips into a horizontal out of the way position like this.

Because the magnet is slid off the bar it comes away a bit easier than a direct pull away from the bar.
View attachment 367858
View from other side.
View attachment 367859

What holds it in place horisontal is this inverted ally "clothes peg"
View attachment 367860

That took a bit of finessing to make but it seems to lock it very firmly because the vibe is pretty fierce.

When I next need to use it again the settings should not need adjusting since the screws should still be locked into the same place, I will just need to nudge the bar up to kiss the magnet which will grab it and hold it in place.

Another advantage of the anti sag device is that it can be used to hold the bar (and chain) steady when sharpening on the mill - otherwise the bar flexes back and forth like a yoyo.

One of the disadvantages of all this "fruit" hanging above the bar is that it is all the more to fall onto a moving chain, although most of the time it should just fall onto the board or slab being cut at the time.

As usual, proof will be in the cutting!

Cheers
Guess I should read all the posts before asking dumb questions.

Latest posts

Back